Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Quick and easy Blind >

Quick and easy Blind

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Quick and easy Blind

Old 03-26-2014, 07:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default Quick and easy Blind

Hey I am looking for a hunting blind to bow hunt from that is quick and easy to set up. Any feed back be great. Thanks

Good Hunting
Old 03-27-2014, 06:22 PM
MZS
Typical Buck

The typical "doghouse" type popup blind sets up easy, but I can not, for the life of me, fold it back up in its carrying sack very easily. So I take it out in a flattened state, which is not the quietest way to go. Drawbacks include noise, requires a large space, and will stick out unless you brush it in. For your own property where you can set up and brush in a few days in advance it works very nicely.

Another blind you can make yourself consists of camo burlap stapled onto 54" 1x2 sticks that have long pole barn spikes in the ends (which heads cut off). You can nestle this blind in between some evergreens a lot easier and the camo burlap blends in nicely. You will want a good 20 ft of the burlap and if it is very thin you may need to double it up. The spikes in the sticks will stick into the ground. This is a little bulky to tote around as a portable blind. Another alternative is to only take the camo burlap (no sticks) and some pieces of wire in a backpack and fasten the burlap to some trees - that works. You will need a seat of some sort. The camo burlap has a smell to it, but if you let it sit out in the weather a few weeks it is OK.
Old 03-28-2014, 06:00 AM
Typical Buck

i recently picked one up this year after hunting season called the hunters den and i think its going to be a nice setup. Its an umbrella you attach to a tree, then it has skirts hanging down off the umbrella, its much lower than an average stand and its light.
Old 03-30-2014, 04:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Fabric blinds

Many are made for easy takedown and setup. Anything made of fabric will have a longer life is it doesn't stay outside for three, six, twelve months. That's up to you. An inexpensive blind needs diy repair work, at times. Check the hows when you get it.
Good to practice in the backyard before you first hunt, setting up and taking down the tent.
Waterproofing on fabric doesn't last forever, so waterproof when needed. $100 or $200 only goes so far.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:30 PM
Spike

here go check this out
http://www.carolinawildphoto.com/PortableBlind.htm
Old 03-31-2014, 03:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MZS
The typical "doghouse" type popup blind sets up easy, but I can not, for the life of me, fold it back up in its carrying sack very easily.
With it flat an turned sideways. Place your hands on the top about a foot or little more apart. Imagine yourself taking yours hands leaning over an sweeping between your legs about three inches off the ground. Grab the top side push it down with the blind up against your body. push the top side between your legs. It will start to fold. Grab one side an fold it over flat then do the opposite side the same way.