HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Quick and easy Blind
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 06:22 PM
MZS
Typical Buck

The typical "doghouse" type popup blind sets up easy, but I can not, for the life of me, fold it back up in its carrying sack very easily. So I take it out in a flattened state, which is not the quietest way to go. Drawbacks include noise, requires a large space, and will stick out unless you brush it in. For your own property where you can set up and brush in a few days in advance it works very nicely.

Another blind you can make yourself consists of camo burlap stapled onto 54" 1x2 sticks that have long pole barn spikes in the ends (which heads cut off). You can nestle this blind in between some evergreens a lot easier and the camo burlap blends in nicely. You will want a good 20 ft of the burlap and if it is very thin you may need to double it up. The spikes in the sticks will stick into the ground. This is a little bulky to tote around as a portable blind. Another alternative is to only take the camo burlap (no sticks) and some pieces of wire in a backpack and fasten the burlap to some trees - that works. You will need a seat of some sort. The camo burlap has a smell to it, but if you let it sit out in the weather a few weeks it is OK.