Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Does anyone else find it.... >

Does anyone else find it....

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does anyone else find it....

Old 10-03-2003, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Does anyone else find it....

Does anyone else find it creepy when your sitting in your tree 30 minutes to a hour before day light and you can hear everything in the woods. I know people hate walking to their stands in the dark, as do I. But what about when your finally there. When your no longer making noise and you are sitting still 20 ft on the side of the tree in the dark and you hear all the little things in the woods.

You know, just like deer walking or something just making noises....little creepy isn' t it or is it just me???

Cause you never know...it could be a [>:]
Old 10-03-2003, 02:37 PM

Default RE: Does anyone else find it....

I am with you. I have been creeped out more than once while in the stand.
Old 10-03-2003, 02:46 PM

never been creeped. i just think in my head that nothing is around just me and the deer. think about the shots or where the deer coming from it will keep your mind off the little creepy sounds.

go deep hunt hard.
Old 10-03-2003, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I feel more secure once I get in my stand. Its a relief when I get up there. I feel vunerable walking through the woods and at the base of my tree with my back facing the woods, but once I get in my stand everything goes away and I shut my eyes until first light.
Old 10-03-2003, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was creeped out once...I was in my stand and I started hearing a climbing/slipping sound and it was getting closer and closer, coming down the tree I was in. Bark was falling on me and whatever it was had to be between the size of a squirrel and a bear. Weel, it was still dark so it couldn' t be a squirril.

You shoulda seen me coming down that tree!
Old 10-03-2003, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don' t get scared....I just find all the noises creepy when it' s dark.
Old 10-03-2003, 03:22 PM

I get a little spooked going to the stand but once Im in it, usually to tired to care
Old 10-03-2003, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wimps! Seriously, I love sitting in the stand when it' s still dark. I can take my time getting everything set up and have a few minutes to relax before the action starts (hopefully).
Old 10-03-2003, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL....that would be funny to see you flying down out of that tree.

I had a large owl land in a tree that I was hunting in...it was just before day light and it scared me to death. I tapped my arrow on my stand for almost five minutes before the owl became aggitated and left. But I will never forget the owl landing on the limb. Sounded like the sky was falling when that thing was coming in for the landing.
Old 10-03-2003, 04:24 PM

I hunt in IL so honestly i figure i could fight off anything that attacks...Some people are different than others..i guess its always smart to be aware of your surroundings...

-1-

Quick Reply: Does anyone else find it....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.