Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Does anyone else find it.... >

Does anyone else find it....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does anyone else find it....

Old 10-03-2003, 04:53 PM

Default RE: Does anyone else find it....

I love that time of the morning. Maybe it doesn' t bother me because I am outside every morning when it is still dark.

I love listening to everything wake up. What will I see first. What bird will I hear first.

The only close call I have ever had was an owl just about flying into me. Now that will get your attention.
Old 10-03-2003, 07:56 PM

I worry about the skunks cause they' re always running around here with all the creeks.
Last year I got halfway to my ground stand at the top of the hill and stopped to take a breath and listen. I heard noise right above my head and my heart jumped. I pointed the flashlight up to see a big coon lookin' back at me. At least it wasn' t a bear!
Old 10-03-2003, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Walking out sometimes is a bit creepy, but once in my stand.....ITS COOL!! I love it!!

Good Luck!
Old 10-03-2003, 10:20 PM

I too love the waking of the woods. It does get a little creepy at times but that just gives it a little more of a rush. The creepiest thing was when I got all set up in my stand but had this feeling I was being watched. Sure enough I was by an owl that was bobbing and weaving its head back and forth trying to figure me out. He eventually took off so I though. 20 min. later I had that feeling again and there it was about 12 yds behind me on a limb checking things out. I finally stood up and made myself known and it took off for good.
Old 10-03-2003, 11:49 PM

The only time I don' t like being in the woods when it' s dark is during gun season. Other than that, I love sitting in my stand a half hour or so before it gets light. It' s simply a neat feeling to sneak into the woods without disturbing anything, then listening to it come to life.

peashooter
Old 10-04-2003, 12:21 AM

An overabundance of mountain lions and some really massive piles of bear crap in some of the areas I' ve hunted get me a little weird when it' s dark and I' m on the ground. I' m invincible in the stand though!
Old 10-04-2003, 01:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

The only creepy thing in the woods is some of the other Pa. hunters tripping threw the dark.I had one guy almost trip over my one year when I was sitting in a ground brush blind. He almost stepped on my foot and never seen me.
Old 10-04-2003, 06:43 AM

My buddy a few years back had a stand set in a very large locust tree. He slipped into it early one morning and just as it was getting light he felt this stuff falling on him. He soon noticed he had a turkey roosting above him and you can figure out what was falling on him!
I was impressed he was able to get into his stand that quietly not to spook the bird.
Old 10-04-2003, 06:59 AM

Have you ever seen the movie The Fog. That ruined a whole deer season for me.
Old 10-04-2003, 07:33 AM

Funny, hardluck. Last Saturday morning I was sitting in my stand and had some fog blow in and it was a little spooky. I' m a little jumpy until I get to my stand but once there I feel safe. Sometimes I feel like I' ve just made it though the worst. Talk about spooky had a buddy who was walking to his stand opening morning at around 5:30am and nearly stepped on a rattlesnake. He never uses a flashlight walking to his stand but for some reason he had it on. It started rattling and he froze found it and stoned it before continuing on. He said the rest of the was to the stand was very scary.

Quick Reply: Does anyone else find it....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.