Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I' m Not Ready For This ! !  [:@] >

I' m Not Ready For This ! ! [:@]

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I' m Not Ready For This ! ! [:@]

Old 10-03-2003, 11:20 AM

Default I' m Not Ready For This ! ! [:@]

It' s the 3rd of October and it 38 degrees with wind chill and pouring rain !!! [:@]

Where is my nice semi sunny Opening weekend hunt!?!? I mean hey - I was worried about sweating through my gear last year this time and how to keep a whole deer on ice overnight.

If this was the middle of November I' d be OK, but I' m not psychologically ready for this kind of weather yet.

I' m hey - I' m no wimp, I' ll be out there in January when it' s below zero - but weather like this so early in the season is for the birds.

Sorry - I just had to vent.

Whew - all better now.
Old 10-03-2003, 11:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I' m Not Ready For This ! ! [:@]

" It' s not the kill, it' s the adventure and challenge!
Good luck this week end on your adventure and challenge. Next you' ll be telling us there wasn' t enough mosquitos to keep you company.
Old 10-03-2003, 11:29 AM

I am excited about it. It feels like the first week of November to me and that is such an exciting time here in PA. Unfortunately the leaves are still green here. Hopefully not for long with this cool weather! Good luck!
Old 10-03-2003, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

It' s the 3rd of October and it 38 degrees with wind chill and pouring rain !!!
I can relate too. We had a record low in parts of PA last night. [X(] They are forcasting rain all day tomorrow for the opener.
Old 10-03-2003, 12:43 PM

It will get into the Mid 80' s in Mississippi tomorrow. You won' t hear me complaining, that is still relatively cool whether for the Deep South. Should be really nice in the morning, about 60 degrees. Good luck in PA tomorrow.
Old 10-03-2003, 12:47 PM
Fork Horn

yea, its to early for this crap in pa to,, today is a beauty but tomorow is supposed to suck.....
Old 10-03-2003, 12:56 PM

As I sit here glaring at weather.com I think I have decided to get out first thing in the morning as the hourly forecast has it as mostly cloudy at 6 am and switches to few showers starting 8 am looks like the afternoon will be a washout. So better to get a full morning than nothing at all. I hope it is cold as well prepares me for how it will be later as the rut approaches.

Plus being out there in before the fron pushes in could really have some good movement of the deer. Many months of practice, first chance to be out there? Unless it is pouring down I am there.
Old 10-03-2003, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

You should be happy...I know I am.

Hunting in 70 degree weather is for the birds. Having to hunt in a t shirt...that is for the birds. This cooler weather is great.

The deer will be moving, and it will finally seem like hunting season instead of summer on that first day in the stand.

I can' t wait.

Goodluck this season.
Old 10-03-2003, 03:44 PM

it was frosty this mornin here in southern illinois...but im ready for SNOW!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-03-2003, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

We had a freeze this morning. 23 degree' s when I woke up at 6 am this morning. But I' m still stuck in the house till next Saturday. Then I get to shoot some squirels....which makes the following Saturday a good morning....for squirrel biscuits and gravy...and that long walk to the stand.

Quick Reply: I' m Not Ready For This ! ! [:@]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.