Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 all of a sudden shooting bad >

all of a sudden shooting bad

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

all of a sudden shooting bad

Old 10-03-2003, 06:44 PM

Default RE: all of a sudden shooting bad

Arthur P is right.

My initial though was that your over spined. But you haven' t changed your arrows.

Then I came to Arthur P' s post which said:
New string and cable + Suddenly shooting bad = String/cable creep.

If you would check your brace height, axle to axle length and cam timing, you' ll likely find each one is out of spec. Your draw weight is likely at least 5 pounds less than you set it for. You need to get the string and cable twisted up and put back in spec. Everything will line right out again.
That makes alot of sence and I believe that is just what is going on. The same thing is happening to me also.

Because when you are over spined, your arrow is gonna shoot to the left no matter what you adjust, just like what you mentioned is happening to you.

The 5 lb loss in draw weight would cause your arrows to be over spined.

Try cranking your bow up 5 pounds. I guarentee you will be shooting like you were before. But crank it back down and (if you do not know what you are doing) take it to the proshop and have then twist the cable for you and put it back on. Or do it yourself.