Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Wounded Warrior Hunt is History >

Wounded Warrior Hunt is History

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wounded Warrior Hunt is History

Old 01-11-2014, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Wounded Warrior Hunt is History

I did a FREE Bowhunt drawing for several eligible WWs this past summer. 2 lucky fellas, Brian from Mn & John from Co. ended up at Shiloh Ranch near Ada, ok Jan 6th7th & 8th. Myself & 2 father son combos joined in this fun event representing a small token of thanks to ALL our military no matter where or when they serve. 5 of the 7 sent 6 arrows toward those wily, wild hogs with 3 being fatal & ending up on the camp meat pole. Everyone saw hogs every sit but as we know, seeing with a Bow in your hand doesn't always mean a shot. WW Brian was starting his draw when the "gremlins" made his bow tap the stand & send those piggies into the brush. WW John DID manage to Arrow one of the critters on the 2nd day of the hunt. My 14 year old g-son took his 1st Hog with bow & arrow with a great shot & Steve from Ks. took a nice hog to add to the many others he has taken at Shiloh in the past. Thanks to everyone that helped me promote this event & trust me, though cold, a great time was had by all.
Attached Thumbnails Wounded Warrior Hunt is History-dsc_0064_2.jpg   Wounded Warrior Hunt is History-img_0006_2.jpg   Wounded Warrior Hunt is History-img_0018_2.jpg   Wounded Warrior Hunt is History-img_0038_2.jpg   Wounded Warrior Hunt is History-img_0045_2.jpg  

Old 01-11-2014, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

a few more
Attached Thumbnails Wounded Warrior Hunt is History-img_0047_2.jpg   Wounded Warrior Hunt is History-img_0077_2.jpg   Wounded Warrior Hunt is History-img_0062_2.jpg   Wounded Warrior Hunt is History-img_0081_2.jpg   Wounded Warrior Hunt is History-img_0092_2.jpg  

Old 01-12-2014, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hope everyone enjoyed the recap of this event.
I want to extend a "special" thanks to Huntingnet for allowing me to promote this event & that helped make this event a success. I want to extend another thank you to the Anonomys hunter that donated $350 for a 2nd Wounded Warrior to attend. To Dustin (Toehead) for $100 cash each to help off set their travel costs & H & L processing of Coalgat, Ok donating free processing of WWs Hogs. Besides the 1st hunt I kicked in another $50 each cash for travel, some hunting DVDs, all the camp food & even treated 9 to Chinese Buffet in Ada that I "think" everyone over ate at + everyone attending (9) received the special momento coffe photo cup. Thanks to Shiloh, Matt/Cheryl for hosing the event, gutting the WWs hogs & the Shiloh caps they received. A great time was had by all & it's just a small representation of THANKS to ALL our military for the sacrificies they & their families endure while protecting us 7 our freedom.
Attached Thumbnails Wounded Warrior Hunt is History-wounded-warrior-brian-john_2.jpg   Wounded Warrior Hunt is History-dsc_0064_2.jpg  
Old 01-13-2014, 07:47 AM
Fork Horn

What a great story! Thanks for the recap, I'd just seen your initial post about the upcoming (then) hunt in another section. We will be leaving on Friday for our second such hunt. We provided a free hunt to a Marine, badly wounded in Afghanistan, in Georgia this past January and he took 3 hogs while on our four day hunt. It was such a wonderful experience we decided right afterwards to sponsor another veteran and we are all lined up to begin hunt #2 on this coming Saturday with our new guest, an Army SGT also very badly wounded in Afghanistan.

I would like to personally thank you for your dedication and generosity towards our wounded veterans and if you are thinking about doing a repeat hunt and would like to compare notes, please send me a PM and we'll talk if you like.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hogs...-hog-hunt.html

Last edited by Tnhunter444; 01-13-2014 at 11:38 AM.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

tnhunter-thanks for the kind words. PM me with all your details as I am considering another event. Give me info on costs, hunting, lodging details of where you are going.
I was fortunate to have 1 Vietnam vet (my era) & 1 Afganistan vet win my drawing so we had the young & the old represented. We/they shared many stories around the campfire but unfortunatly after all these years apart, War is still tragic & the suffering the same. God Bless & may your hunt be fun & exciting.
Attached Thumbnails Wounded Warrior Hunt is History-img_0019_2.jpg   Wounded Warrior Hunt is History-img_0020_2.jpg