Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow Concerns

Old 01-19-2014, 12:37 PM
Spike

Default Bow Concerns

I bought a vapor 300 off my buddy as a starter bow. I took it to Cabelas to get the string and cable changed out and they said it was GTG. Well it wasn't and the cable snapped at full draw. I took it back and after 3 MONTHS they had the part they needed the whole time. I will never EVER go there for technical help again.

Anyway I am very concerned that this bow is done. When I went to get the bow back I shot it around 50 times dead accurate and papered great after every 10th shot. Its a winners choice string/29" draw and 65lb weight.

I am very inexperienced with technical issues so any input would be great.

This will be the first year with this bow and I'm just having concerns about its ability.

Last edited by patches2565; 01-19-2014 at 12:45 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:50 PM
Fork Horn

Not exactly sure what it is you want to know. But I've been bow hunting for 18 years and try to do my own work on my bow. That way I know what's being done and if it's something beyond me, I bring it to a trusted buddy. Ask around and you may find a quality archery shop that's knows their stuff.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:03 PM
Spike

Mainly I'm wondering peoples opinion of the vapor
Old 01-19-2014, 07:36 PM
Fork Horn

My opinion and others that I know is that, Stay away from the big box store archery departments. Their may be a few cats out in certain stores that can fix your issues but mostly??? You know where I'm headed with this....trying to find a good trusting archery shop is only going to happen by word of mouth. Just like a good mechanic or HVAC tech.
Just my opinion and also others. (Like I said)
And as far as your Bow???? Not sure? But if its a tac driver then God bless.
Have fun with it. If not "Buy a G5 Prime"!!!

Last edited by Rob1969; 01-19-2014 at 07:39 PM.