Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

sheds

Old 12-30-2013, 04:08 AM
Typical Buck

Default sheds

this weekend i checked my trail cameras hoping to see that the one big deer i have visiting my place survived the gun season and he did. however apparently our recent cold snap in the midwest has taken its toll. he showed up on the 23rd with everything intact. on the 26th he was back minus his left side. on the morning of the 27th he was back with the right side still intact. that evening he was back minus the right side. now at a distance he could be confused as a doe which concerns me with our late firearms doe season opening on the 1st. here's hoping he dodges the bullets and comes back bigger and better next year. i also had a spike in that had dropped on antler. awful early for the shedding to be taking place. i did find one of the big boys antlers on january 6 last year. it still had a blood on it @ that time. i plan to stay out of what i think is the bedding area so perhaps he will stay holed up until after doe season. i personally disagree with these late season for this reason and because i dont believe there are to many deer out there. we have been in a down turn for sometime around here and i would like to see less deer killed to allow them to rebound.