Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Bowtech Invasion Blows Up >

Bowtech Invasion Blows Up

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech Invasion Blows Up

Old 09-16-2013, 02:05 PM
Spike

Default Bowtech Invasion Blows Up

Well, I've had my Bowtech Invasion CPX For just a fraction under 2 years and about 2 weeks ago, I went to draw back and my lower limbs just split - causing the bow to blow, This bow has been baby'd, Absolutely never dry fired, has been cased its whole life, I shoot this bow every other day year around, At least 25 shots a day. Some days 100 or more. Well she finally gave out, Im thinking because its been in the hi 90's here and I left it in the back seat of the truck for 3 days (my mistake) im guessing the heat delaminated the fiberglass, well I took it into the local dealer here in Pensacola and it has been just over 2 weeks, they said it should be 5-7 business days but here we are going on 12 business days, your thoughts please?

Bow Season Opens in a few weeks and I've gotta get this thing tuned and sighted in- whats' with the delay!?
Old 09-16-2013, 02:07 PM
Spike

& by the way they said BOWTECH WILL HONOR this, as it has been declared a defect in the limb
Old 09-16-2013, 06:18 PM
Fork Horn

I live in Panama City and I keep my Hoyt in the truck several days in a row more often than I should and in 20 years of owning various Hoyts have never once had an issue.
I don't normally criticize different manufacturers but I have heard way to many threads like this to ever buy a Bowtec no matter how fast or smooth they shoot. Just my 2 cents and hope you get it taken care of and have a great bow season
Old 09-17-2013, 01:28 AM
Spike

I hope it get fixed i time for you.
That happened on an early season hunt with me long ago.
Howatt takedown recurve. They sent me 78# limbs I hunted with it but it was too much bow.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

My thoughts are, I would be banging down their door. You probably won't make much progress here... hope you get it sorted out before the season starts.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:19 AM
Fork Horn

If you admit its your own fault be patient and learn from the mistake. no one to blame but yourself. its bow season and you are not the only one to have a problem with your bow (a bowtec in this case).
Old 12-28-2013, 07:49 AM
Fork Horn

I have had over 6 bowtechs, and had my last in 2009. Out of the six, three had limb problems. I was a fanboy for years. First was a crack in a allegience, second was a crack in the patriot. Sentinal was junk. Bowtech commander was the best. I wished I didn't sell.

I switched to Hoyt, and Mathews, and now its kinda boring. No more drama, no more fighting with all the pro-staffers putting me down on archery sights, just take it out and hunt.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BCRules
I have had over 6 bowtechs, and had my last in 2009. Out of the six, three had limb problems. I was a fanboy for years. First was a crack in a allegience, second was a crack in the patriot. Sentinal was junk. Bowtech commander was the best. I wished I didn't sell.

I switched to Hoyt, and Mathews, and now its kinda boring. No more drama, no more fighting with all the pro-staffers putting me down on archery sights, just take it out and hunt.
Im on my 4th season with my Mathews...I think I will replace the string next year 2014 just because.