Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Have problems grouping >

Have problems grouping

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Have problems grouping

Old 11-26-2013, 11:15 AM
Spike

I went back to 15 yrds, sighted in held my breathing followed through with my shot, got 3 outer bulls eye!! 1-1 1/2 grouping
Old 11-26-2013, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

all seriousness Id go to carbon arrows Gold tip hunter XT are good arrows....if you are target shooting with aluminum you WILL bend them...giving you erratic grouping...and get a drop away arrow rest...

when you shoot your bow the top of the bow should tip slightly forward, if it doesn't then you need a stabilizer with enough weight for it to do so.

Do you have a pic of your set up?
Old 11-27-2013, 06:51 AM
Spike

I don't know why the below picture isn't working, but if you click on it; it will bring you to the picture.

And wilcam, I'm a college student without a lot of $ so switching to carbon isn't the best for me cause I just spent $30 on those arrows, and I would have to spend more on arrows and buy another arrow rest due to the DIA of the arrows cause carbon are thiner.

Last edited by bbiljah; 11-27-2013 at 06:54 AM.
Old 11-28-2013, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I understand the $$ issue....Im just giving advice...it wont change the fact that if you are using aluminum arrows for target practice they can and will get bent...causing you more issues...if you plan on sticking with aluminum don't shoot your hunting arrows...just use a couple for target practice.

The release D-loop looks a little loose on the first pic...and you should have either string loop or metal nocs not both...I prefer the string D-loop only.

Id get rid of the string silencers you have and go with something like this
http://www.littlejons.com/Mathews-Monkey-Tails

Take it to an archery shop to see if the whisker biscuit is aligned properly. also make sure the whisker biscuit hairs are straight as possible not all messed up that will affect accuracy...
Old 11-28-2013, 10:31 AM
Typical Buck

just another thought.

Get a permanent marker and number your arrows. I usually do this on one vane of each arrow. This way when your shooting you can see if its the same arrow that is not grouping by looking at the number. This will help determine if your having a arrow problem.