Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Whats the big deal with NR hunters! >

Whats the big deal with NR hunters!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whats the big deal with NR hunters!

Old 01-31-2002, 06:35 AM

Default Whats the big deal with NR hunters!

People should be allowed to hunt where they want to. It should not matter if they are residents or not.
Old 01-31-2002, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whats the big deal with NR hunters!

PSE....I own a farm in WV, which is not the state I live in. I agree with you to a point, however, in a case where the resources are limited the residents should get first choice. In a case like WV, it is pretty much unlimited for non-residents...just more expensive.

In cases where there aren't enough animals for everybody to kill one...you have a draw system favoring the residents. (Who pay the majority of the state's taxes)

JMHO
Old 01-31-2002, 10:46 AM

The NR issue is different in each state. There is alot of variation in the quantity and quality of hunting in each state. Some states have millions of acres of public hunting land (federal, state, and county forests), some states have almost none. Residents that live, work, and pay taxes, to support a state should come first. Different types of game management to varying degrees, and a assortment of politics. Ya just can't treat the NR issue the same in each state.

Iowa as an example, only allows 6000 NR deer hunters in each year, at $308 each, of which, only 2300 can be bowhunters.
Old 01-31-2002, 11:50 AM

In missouri NR hunters have unlimited numbers of permits available ( to my knowledge) I know everybody is upset about the whole Illinois thing but, the residents have it much better than the NR's they don't have to enter a lottery for tags. NR's do. If NR's want to lease up land to hunt on then let them do it. You can't stop them from doing that. Higher priced tags doesn't mean a thing to a really serious hunter. People will pay just about anything to hunt some trophy animals. I think some of the people on this sight a just jealous that the NR's can hunt on better ground than some of the residents. I realize that this will make some people mad, however, I think it is the truth. I respect everyones view point but I think that is what it boils down to.
Old 01-31-2002, 12:16 PM
Fork Horn

I agree with PSEPhoenix, if a resident wants to hunt the land I hunt, all they need is the cash and they are in. I'm not rich by no means, but having the desire to hunt big animals I do what I need to do to save the money to go.