Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Whats the Deal?

Old 11-15-2005, 12:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default Whats the Deal?

Michigan opener today for gun and it was odd. I sat in a spot just 40 yards from where i bow hunt and there are two fresh scrapes!! Every night i see deer in my stand bowhunting and ive shot one doe and missed one buck. Ive only been out one night and didnt see a thing!! Today was my second.. Not only did i not see anything i didn't hear much shots around me like i usually do on opening morning here in Michigan as it sounds like fireworks are going off. Anyone else from Michigan have and luck today?

It's like those deer know lol[:@]
Old 11-15-2005, 06:17 PM

Default RE: Whats the Deal?

Well im not close to you ,but in west virgina where i do most of my hunting ,it sounds like a war on opening morning...
Old 11-15-2005, 06:27 PM

i actually went to state land in michigan today and saw lots of hunters 2 bucks and 2 does, i shoot the 2nd doe. But no it wasnt like the normal war zone for some odd reason.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:34 PM

Sparrowhawk, same thing here i didn't hardly hear any shots like it used to be in previous years.....the past years i would see about 5-6 deer a day at my feeder, neighbors would have about a dozen, and this year i didn't see a thing, not hardly any sings, neighbors get 1 to 2 every couple of days...i live in mid migigan area, so we went to stateland tongiht....we seen one doe....that was it...wonder if the weather had part of it...since the weather sucked today...lol...but anyways....i feel the same...something is up....
Old 11-15-2005, 09:42 PM

All my buddies that went up for the Michigan opener didn't get a shot at anythign either....and there is 7 of them!
Old 11-15-2005, 09:47 PM
Fork Horn

Must have been the drizzle. Didn't feel comfortable moving in it. Im gonna be out tomorrow ill tell ya how it goes!!

115 acres 10 hunters. Not one deer sighted opening morning lol here...
Old 11-15-2005, 09:52 PM

Well, it was snowing in the UP so it can't be the weather. I tell ya, these deer are sophistamacated!