Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ever heard of ben lee?? >

ever heard of ben lee??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ever heard of ben lee??

Old 09-29-2003, 07:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default ever heard of ben lee??

i had this awesome old book by ben lee, passed away but he was a great friend of fred bear, it was great, i read it 100 times! now i dont know where it is! know here to get a copy??
Old 09-29-2003, 08:53 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: ever heard of ben lee??

You should beable to find it somewhere. Do a search at someplace like Amazon or something. If you can' t find it... try searching under Ben Rodgers Lee. He was best known for his turkey hunting feats and stories. He' s the guy that started the saying, " IF you dug a hole out in the middle of the woods, climbed in and called like a sexy old hen. A big old gobbler could pin point you so well that if you never called again, he' d come over and look in the hole" . He was also the guide the day Greg Lemonde(tour de France winner) got shot while turkey hunting. They were side by side against a big old tree with Ben calling. Some whacko stalked the sound, saw the blobs and shot Lemonde. I have a couple of his old cassette turkey calling tapes from 25 years ago. The boy was great. To me, he was the greatest turkey hunter ever. All these new guys are " Wannabees" !
Old 09-29-2003, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wish I liked Ben Lee like Davidmil does. But unfortunatley, I bought a product that Ben Lee was endorseing - and it came with a free hunting video. In the Video Ben narrates a hunt where he plugs about every product you can imagine (during the hunt! In fact he never stops talking). Later - he showcases the products that he endorses - and its such a poor salesmenship - that it does him no justice.

Sorry to say that in the video - its clear that Ben Lee was probably in poor health at the time. He seems to be always short of breath and he is severly overweight. I think he died shortly afterward.

HOWEVER - he is known as a hunting legend in many circles. And FEW people come by that distinction by happenstance. Again, I wish that I could see him in the " hunting legend" light, unfortunately, he falls in the Noel Feather category for me.
Old 09-29-2003, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

i know of buddy lee and his levis dungaree' s. lol
Old 09-29-2003, 10:00 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-29-2003, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Does this book come in audio tapes?! I gave up books after college!

(just kidding guys)
Old 09-30-2003, 03:52 AM

I thought he was killed in a car crash ??.
Old 09-30-2003, 04:47 AM

If my memory serves me correctly, Ben Lee had one of those stomach staples put in and he shed his portly stature. I couldn' t believe how skinny he was the time I met him at a sportsmans show. At the time, he was one of the few hunting ' celebs' , and I got him to sign a bumper sticker I had picked up at the chewing tobacco booth. It read, " Turkey Callers call for Levi Garrett" . Ben added " Good Hunting, Ben Lee" . It still hangs at my desk at work. Unfortunately, not too long after that, he was killed in a car wreck.
Old 09-30-2003, 08:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ben Lee, wasn' t he that chineese guy that hunched over in his tree stand and always placed it on the side of the tree out of the wind.
Old 09-30-2003, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

He WAS killed in a Oct. car crash several years ago. I did not use his products BUT did view a couple of his deer Hunting tapes. I enjoyed them & the video on the shots were great.