Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
i need help with arrow tips to choose for rabbits >

i need help with arrow tips to choose for rabbits

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

i need help with arrow tips to choose for rabbits

Old 10-22-2013, 03:01 PM
Spike

Question i need help with arrow tips to choose for rabbits

i'm new to hunting and i have no idea what kind of arrow tips to use for small game... do i use field points whit one of them small game stoppers?... or do i go whit a type of broad head?...
Old 10-23-2013, 09:18 AM
Spike

I would go with some type of judo point. If you look up any of the small game heads online, they should all work about the same. Since rabbits have such a thin hide its likely that you may get a pass through or at least decent penetration with some of those tips. But the biggest thing for me would be something that doesn't go into the ground so I'm not loosing a bunch of arrows and any of those should do the trick. If you are hunting for meat, try a bird judo point so you don't get as much penetration. Try some out and see what happens, happy hunting.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Judo points. Kills em right where they stand.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Either the fore mentioned Judo points or you can buy items, if they still make them, called Adders. These are a sheet metal type item that goes between your insert and field point. They act sort of like a broadhead.
here they are: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...ders&FORM=IGRE