Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Public Lands in VA >

Public Lands in VA

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Public Lands in VA

Old 10-20-2013, 09:11 PM
Spike

Question Public Lands in VA

Hi,

I'm new to this site but I figured I'll give it a try. I'm going to college in the Lynchburg area and I was looking for some public areas to hunt. Also, I'm hoping for answers a little more specific than just national forest. I'm from southwest virginia and since I was 8 I have hunted the Beartown Wilderness area with my dad in addition to a farm just down the road from our house. I'm not afraid of a hike either so don't hold back. I've been used to hunting old hardwood forest way back in the middle of nowhere. I'm at school now and I can't make it back home for every hunting adventure (seeing as how I do that almost every evening) so I need somewhere out here. If anyone has any advice they can give me about where to go I would appreciate it greatly.

Thanks!
Syd