Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I shot a grizzly last night!!! (NEW PICS PAGE 3) >

I shot a grizzly last night!!! (NEW PICS PAGE 3)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I shot a grizzly last night!!! (NEW PICS PAGE 3)

Old 09-30-2003, 01:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I shot a grizzly last night!!! (PIC)

I got on him again tonight, but he was a bit more touchy for some reason. I got a couple of new pictures, both from 25-30 yards again. The first picture he is eating a ground squirrel. I tried to get in closer, and unfortunately didn' t have the record button pushed as he jumped up, hissed at me and waited for me to back off. I walked backwards slowly for about 5 steps, and that was enough for him to cool off and lay back down to eat. After a couple minutes, I walked up close on him again, to about 25 yards, and he jumped up to a half stand with his front arms out to his side to make himself look as wide as possible. He stomped a couple of times in my direction, and I backed off again. Kind of a pathetic mock charge. I put the camera back on him when he turned, and got one last click of a picture while he was glaring at me, waiting for me to leave. He was just being protective over his kill, so I knew he wasn' t going to charge. Had my adrenaline going full tilt though, what a rush! I think I' ll leave him alone tomorrow night and go find those musk ox. I looked tonight, but couldn' t find them.

Farm Hunter, I have people coming over at 11pm tonight to look at stock video that they need, but were unable to get for a 3 hour television presentation. If it goes well, I could make my first sale tonight. They are on a tight schedule, and desparate for certain footage that I have, so hopefully it is the quality they are looking for. We' ll see in about an hour when they are done watching it.

I plan to do a lot more freelancing in the future, that' s pretty much where I' m going with all of this. Things are looking very good for me too, so far, but I' m just getting started.
Old 09-30-2003, 01:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Forgot to add the pictures. Here is the first one of him eating the squirrel. Better light, but he could of smiled for the camera at least.

Here is the second one of him after he let me know he didn' t want a dinner guest.

I manage to get a few more great photo' s tonight, I' ll probably post them in the offseason tomorrow.
Old 09-30-2003, 02:14 AM

One word. WOW![]
Old 09-30-2003, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

One word: WOW!
Old 09-30-2003, 06:04 AM

ABM, I think it' s great you video what you' re doing to make it easier for the officials to figure out what happened. [] I' m kidding, be careful...I' m sure you know what you are doing.

Seriously though, I just don' t understand what the shot sequence would be if you stick it at 20 yards. Shoot and hide, but hide where? Shoot and quickly re-nock? Shoot and pull out the .44? or I' d probably shoot and run. lol I suppose you gamble he runs the other way!?
Old 09-30-2003, 07:28 AM

hmmm, double post I guess [&:]
Old 09-30-2003, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, almost 1,000 reads in 24 hours. Must of been a catchy title.
Old 09-30-2003, 12:15 PM
Dominant Buck

ABM, I think it' s great you video what you' re doing to make it easier for the officials to figure out what happened.
At the last moment make sure you throw the camera a good distance so we' ll have a record and he won' t eat it.
Old 09-30-2003, 12:47 PM

ABM
Those are some excellent photos. The terrain looks so awesome, that must be heaven to live there.
Old 09-30-2003, 01:10 PM

Sweet photos. That is one awesome sight and to be able to get that close. You da man.

Quick Reply: I shot a grizzly last night!!! (NEW PICS PAGE 3)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.