Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
BowHunting DVDs? >

BowHunting DVDs?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BowHunting DVDs?

Old 10-01-2013, 04:50 PM
Spike

Default BowHunting DVDs?

So I am completely new to Bow Hunting and I had a buddy of mine tell me the best way to learn the basics is to find and purchase a set of instructional DVD videos that does just that, teaches you the basics. My question is does anyone know of the best Bow Hunting videos and where I could purchase them or does anyone know of a better alternative to learning the basics of Bow Hunting

Thanks!
Miller Bonds
Old 10-01-2013, 09:25 PM
Fork Horn

Start with the Drurys they are the best IMO their titles are 100% wild fair chase whitetail madness and dream season
Old 10-02-2013, 03:12 AM
Fork Horn

Your going to learn some from videos but most of them that are on TV are a joke regardless of their name. The best way for you to learn is to have someone nice enough to teach you. You need a mentor that has hunted for a long time and really knows his stuff. I know this isnt always the easiest thing to convince someone to do but Im not sure why. If every hunter looks back I gaurentee there was someone who helped them or taught them along the way(Gparent, Dad, Uncle, Friend) well you get the point. These people to me should be more than willing to help someone else out as its good karma and if it werent for someone else they probably wouldnt be hunting. I know there is going to be some self taught, self proclaimed great white hunter jump in here and say how no one ever helped them and they are a great hunter. If so good for them and they are the exception not the rule. Anyways if you have someone like this in mind just ask them if they will help and teach you and I bet that they will if for no other reason that men like to seem like they know more than someone else and makes them feel important to teach someone something.....LOL.... Im not proclaiming to be an expert but I have harvested my fair share and have been hunting for 30yrs. If you have any questions just message me and I will be glad to answer and try to help you as best I can. Good luck and again feel free to send questions.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:17 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by indiana deer hunter
Start with the Drurys they are the best IMO their titles are 100% wild fair chase whitetail madness and dream season
Originally Posted by Thunderchicken217
Your going to learn some from videos but most of them that are on TV are a joke regardless of their name. The best way for you to learn is to have someone nice enough to teach you. You need a mentor that has hunted for a long time and really knows his stuff. I know this isnt always the easiest thing to convince someone to do but Im not sure why. If every hunter looks back I gaurentee there was someone who helped them or taught them along the way(Gparent, Dad, Uncle, Friend) well you get the point. These people to me should be more than willing to help someone else out as its good karma and if it werent for someone else they probably wouldnt be hunting. I know there is going to be some self taught, self proclaimed great white hunter jump in here and say how no one ever helped them and they are a great hunter. If so good for them and they are the exception not the rule. Anyways if you have someone like this in mind just ask them if they will help and teach you and I bet that they will if for no other reason that men like to seem like they know more than someone else and makes them feel important to teach someone something.....LOL.... Im not proclaiming to be an expert but I have harvested my fair share and have been hunting for 30yrs. If you have any questions just message me and I will be glad to answer and try to help you as best I can. Good luck and again feel free to send questions.
Hey I appreciate it guys. Ill send any questions I have
Old 10-03-2013, 05:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I recommend going to www.deer-john.net/ or [email protected] and getting in touch with them then checking out their instructional DVD's by John Eberhart if your serious about bow hunting Deer. He is very knowledgable and has some good things to teach. Also for actual hunting DVD's check out White Knuckle Productions WKP makes my favorite hunting DVD's also check out the site here and Bow Hunting.Com for good information. Good Hunting be yours as you learn the lessons well. My Nephew got me started and you learn something new every time you go out. The Whitetail can be quite difficult at times to figure out but the more you learn about the animal and his world the better hunter you will become. You will fail,its not success most of the time but no hunt is in vain if you learn the lessons each hunt and hunter shares with you.

Last edited by doetrain; 10-03-2013 at 05:54 AM.