Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Only 2 more days >

Only 2 more days

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Only 2 more days

Old 09-28-2003, 04:22 PM
Spike

Default Only 2 more days

With only two more days left till the start of bow season I feel like a child on Christmas. I also wanted to thank all who participate in these forums because I have enjoyed all your stories and have learn so much good stuff that has made me a much better archer and hunter. With all that said good luck to all, hunt safe and I am looking forword to posting my first kill of the year by this weekend.
Old 09-28-2003, 04:29 PM

Default RE: Only 2 more days

You' re welcome! [:-]
I feel the same way and I have to wait until Saturday. Too bad my husband doesn' t bowhunt as he doesn' t feel the same way I do. Oh well....
Weather report for Saturday in our neck of the woods is that we might have the first frost. Guess I gotta wash the long johns in Scent Away too.

GOOD LUCK IN YOUR HUNT! I' ll be looking for your pics.
Old 09-28-2003, 06:50 PM
Spike

Our season in INDIANA comes in on Wed. the 1st. and I get a adrenaline rush just thinking about it, I practiced so much my broadhead target looks like a giant rat has gotten ahold of it, plus I wore 1 bag target out and bought a Morrel 50,000 shot bag target and have shot one side of it to death and have turned it over and started on the other side. Our weather is calling for highs in the low to mid 50`s opening day w/the low around 38, so should be perfect, chance of rain Tues. night so deer should be moving in the morning. WELL GOOD HUNTING-DEAN
Old 09-28-2003, 09:18 PM
Fork Horn

Oct 1st is our opening day here in Missouri. I' ll get out Friday. It' s gonna be a long week at work waiting for it to get here.
I' ve had a lot of action the first time out during the actual season.(Knock on wood)
Good Luck All
Old 09-28-2003, 10:29 PM

It' s the same here in Iowa too. Our season opens Wed. Oct. 1st and I' m so pumped up I can' t sleep! I asked for Wed. off and got it so I' ll be out all day. Our weather looks like clear and cold with lows in the mid 30s and highs in the lower 60s. Looks like a west to southwest wind 5 to 15 mph. It' s been so dry here in southern Iowa this year I think I' m going to concentrate on a couple of watering holes that are real close to some bedding areas I know of. Especially in the afternoon. Good luck to everyone and hunt safe.