Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Opening day spot?! >

Opening day spot?!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Opening day spot?!

Old 09-15-2013, 04:42 PM
Fork Horn

Will not be opening day due to work schedule. I plan on hunting on my 3 acres in my backyard. I have my Ladder stand about 40 yards from my back door. I have had some big bucks hanging around my area and have some pics of a nice ten point that I hope to see if not the others will do nicely.

CVG Ohio
Old 09-16-2013, 04:19 AM
Fork Horn

Big woods thick cover close to bedding area but not to close near rub line
Old 09-16-2013, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Staging area leading to a field where I droped my first Doe last year. Like to get my meat in the freezer quick before the guns go off in November. But if a good Buck was to walk by of course I would like that just fine.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like my opening day is gonna be spent on the lower white and the mississippi rivers catfishing. I let my wife talk me into it. I will back on day 3 of the season ready to get at it.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:14 PM
Spike

Opening day was Sunday the 15th here in Nebraska. Filled one of my doe tags early because this guy wanted some jerky and it has been 4 years since I last shot a deer with a bow. I was 10 yards off the edge of an alfalfa field and counted at least 60 deer. It was a rush!
Old 09-19-2013, 10:11 AM
Spike

I will be hunting a 75 yard long clover patch path between two wooded areas leading to two corn fields
Old 09-19-2013, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will be in the acorns, 60 yards to the north is a creek and then a field full of soybeans. To the south is a dense thicket that turns into cedars and then corn fields.

I believe the deer prefer the corn over the soybeans but I am inbetween the bedding area and the water source.