Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
EHD - Blue Tounge >

EHD - Blue Tounge

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

EHD - Blue Tounge

Old 08-12-2013, 05:23 PM
Spike

Question EHD - Blue Tounge

Hey guys,

Just wondering how bad is it looking so far this year, I know its gonna be coming up here in the next few weeks when people are gonna start finding dead deer. How about the Midwest? KS, MO, IL,
any word on it yet? Im praying it didn't hit my spot in North Central Kansas like it did last year, It was hard finding a shooter that was alive last Fall.

Thanks,
Old 08-12-2013, 07:11 PM
Typical Buck

Nothing in Iowa yet.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:45 PM
Spike

I don't think it will be as bad!!! Has yet to be very dry in August which is weird I know! Rains have been a long time coming!!! Hopefully Kansas can rebound from the grasp of this long drought. It is looking promising with all the rain the last few weeks.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

As long as we get a consistent rain here and there we should be alright. The temperatures have been average to below average and combine that with the decent rain we've been getting so far this summer I think were in good shape. Knock on wood!
Old 08-13-2013, 05:26 PM
Fork Horn

Ya ,don't think it will be anywhere close to what we had last season. My farm is in central Illinois and I haven't heard of any found yet.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

wouldn't it be wise to let the big guys go? unless you are overpopulated with deer then...disregard...
Old 08-14-2013, 05:16 AM
MZS
Typical Buck

I think the problem last year was the drought. Many deer concentrated at watering holes (and feeding areas) where the flies can bite them. Also, some say that when the water dries up, the mud left leaves a good breeding ground for the fly. See http://wildlifemanagementinstitute.o...cles&Itemid=54 This year, the rain has been decent and temps not too high for the most part.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:13 PM
Typical Buck

I have worries. My neighbors dog drug up a little 6 pt 2 weeks ago. And I've noticed a doe missing one of her fawns. There are a few places where I can smell dead but can't find the source so I dunno
Old 08-15-2013, 03:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Message from an old curmudgeon

The last thing to find on a hunting site is real real bad news. If you really want to find out, you do your own search on the internet. And for most, it's a specific area.

As a curmudgeon, I know how to search and ruin a newbies' year.
Just enter on your internet search - deer diseases 2013. That'll give you all the current news that posted on the internet.

And then you could check on a particular state by searching -deer diseases 2013 Illinois (specific state)

You don't find hunting disneyland in these searches. And sometimes the end of the world doesn't come.
Old 08-17-2013, 05:21 AM
Spike

I hunted NCK last year as well and found a nice buck that had died from it. Where about in NCK were you hunting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.