Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Zeiss, Stiener, or Swarovski ? >

Zeiss, Stiener, or Swarovski ?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Zeiss, Stiener, or Swarovski ?

Old 09-24-2003, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Zeiss, Stiener, or Swarovski ?

I was faced with a tough choice about 6-mounth ago. My wife wanted a boob job. I wanted good optics. Tough choice, but the optics won hands down. I got the Swarovski bino' s & Swarovski scope for about the same price as a good boob job.
Old 09-24-2003, 03:08 PM

I have the steiner predator and it is just fine. It is 8x30. I bought them off a friend so i got them for 100 bucks. I' m sure that they don' t compare to Zeiss and Swarovski, but they do the job.
Old 09-24-2003, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I could never spend that kind of money on optics. It would break my heart if I damaged them in the woods, and I don' t want to have to worry about that. I' d rather get a set of $50-$100 bushnells and be happy with the enhanced vision I get from them. I can' t think of how much more game I would kill or how bigger of an animal gets if I spent about a grand on optics. I don' t think it would be much, if any.
Old 09-24-2003, 05:21 PM

I wish I had that kind of cash to piss away on bino' s. Oh well!! Me personally, just about any middle of the road bino is suitable for bowhunting. But hey, if you got the cash, why not...
Old 09-24-2003, 06:51 PM

The Zeiss Victory II were the ones I was considering...... but I am not thrilled about dropping that kind of $$$ on optics.... I do like hearing all the opinions - thats why I posted this to see what people that had high end optics think.... would you do it again ? Or go with a 200-300 pair........

Interesting that Zeiss is coming out with a new lower cost line... I wonder if it will have the same waterproof quality ?
Old 09-24-2003, 07:05 PM
Spike

The new Zeiss Victory II 8x40 are the best all around binoc on the market...in my opinion. I have owned many pair in the past including Swarovski SLC' s, Leica BA and BN' s, Pentax, Leupold, you name it. Sierra Trading Post is offering the Victory II for $799 right now. I know that sounds high compared to some of the middle of the road optics, but the Zeiss blows them away when compared side-by-side. They are brighter, lighter in wt, wider fov, and are just the " easiest" binocular I have ever looked through.

And as for the cost, I have over $850 in my hunting setup that will probably be worth $200 in a couple years so I can certainly justify paying top $$$ for optics that will be with me 20-30 years.
Old 09-25-2003, 12:06 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]