Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Fastest Hunt Ever? >

Fastest Hunt Ever?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fastest Hunt Ever?

Old 07-21-2013, 06:21 PM
Typical Buck

A few years ago I was hunting on public ground and got home at noon and drove by a food plot of mine and noticed a good buck heading across the bottom. I was hungry so I went home and ate lunch and the. Called my dad to see if he would drop me off at my uncles ground at he other end of the bottom. When he finally showed up to get me nearly an hour later I was a little discouraged but went anyway. It's a dead end road that ends At the top of a steep hill at a cemetery. He dropped me off half way up and I crosses the fence into the pasture and was making my way around to the river when I noticed that buck walking right at me. I hunkered behind a briar bush and shot him at 5 yards. He went about 10 yards and went down. I could still hear my dad driving back Down the hill. Pretty quick hunt that ended with. 220lb 140" 8 pt. not too bad
Old 07-31-2013, 01:35 PM
Fork Horn

My fastest hunt was about 5 years ago at Fort Knox military base... after the 4:30 am check-in and waiting at the MP post for a while, we were released into our area (Unit 9 for me)... I had used Google Earth for some satellite scouting and knew that the place I wanted to set up was a small woodlot between three tank roads (bearing 91 degrees East for 950 yards from my truck's parking area)...walked in by flashlight carrying my treestand...and pulling a Tink's 69 drag-line

Arrived in the area, selected a nice Red Oak tree snuggled against a big Pine to put my climber on...hung the Tink's drag line in a tree 20 yards away...and climbed 25 feet up the tree...pulled my shotgun up and loaded it...took a drink of water from my canteen and looked at my watch (7:00 am)...legal shooting time was 7:02 (our area guide was very insistent about this since the MP post is on the area)...looked down and a nice 8 point was under my stand moving to the Tink's drag-line...

Crosshair on the buck's shoulder...look at watch...back at the buck...back to the watch...back to the buck, his nose snorting the Tink's dragline...etc...7:02 and 3 seconds, BOOM...
Old 07-31-2013, 02:05 PM
Fork Horn

IL shotgun season 15 years ago. I had just walked into the timber maybe 30 or 40 yards and decided this was as good a place as any to sit for awhile and maybe eat my lunch before I actually went in to my stand deeper in the woods. No sooner had I sat down next to a stump a doe walked right over the hill across from me. I dropped her then finished my granola bar and soda. was in the woods maybe 10 minutes.

Another Time I was walking across a grass field to my stand and standing on the edge of the woods was a group of does. I picked the biggest one and dropped her. wasn't even to the woods yet. total time out of the truck....1 minute.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:12 PM
Spike

Hunting Public Land in Alabama- Parked the truck opened the door grabbed my rifle and put it on the tool box, as I was reaching inside for the rest of my gear I heard loud crashing behind me- I grabbed the Magazine as fast I could- slammed it into the mag well and racked a round into my .270 There he stood 10 yards from the truck Big Broke up 7 point- would have been at least a 8 if he wasn't broken to pieces- still scored 120 (Great for Alabama)