Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What broad head has the largest cut dia????? >

What broad head has the largest cut dia?????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What broad head has the largest cut dia?????

Old 02-17-2013, 03:17 AM
Typical Buck

A lot of rifle hunters are pro shoulder shots through the shoulder blade itself. While most shots do go through into the lungs, but what about bad angle that can and have deflected a bullet?

Then we add this scenario in to archery hunting. I have personally never tried to shoot forward onto the shoulder always behind it. But then again I have seen quite a few people stick a arrow into an elk shoulder and it just flat stops right there on the bone. Not a good thing. Of course whitetail deer have less bone density but it could still turn a arrow on a bad angle. No I'll not take that shot. But accidents happen and when they do I'll take a fixed broadhead to weigh the scales and hope it got in there deep enough.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:00 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Charlie P
Might be loosing something in the translation. You saying you usually shoot more then one deer a season or every time you go hunting?
oh no no i mean that arrow head i use the same one cause i never had the tools like the bands to refit the rages for the blades so i would use it more than once and it failed often and id rather not have to keep buying the bands its easier with my muzzy mx-3