Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Looking for honest opinions >

Looking for honest opinions

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Looking for honest opinions

Old 12-17-2012, 09:46 AM
Fork Horn

You did ask for honest opinions.
I think it looks like a Koala bears face. I'm not laughing, I really think it does if you look at a koala bear picture and a deer picture. I have a tatoo and so does my wife and many friends. I have seen good ones and bad ones. Mottz has a sharp tatoo there and it looks really good. I would find an artist that can show you their work with copying a photograph of a person. I think you will then find a person that can give you what you really want. The tatoo idea and things going along with it are good but the deers face is really missing some features. Those features and details will set it apart from a tatoo that you look at going eh, hmm, yeah i like it from Now that is what i'm talking about! How awesome is this! Just my opinion.
Only thing that matters is what you think but that being said if you didn't care what people think of your tatoo when they see it then you wouldn't have asked our opinions.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:24 PM
Typical Buck

Default Hmmmm.....

Originally Posted by BigDaddy12t

What do you think about this for a tattoo? I am thinking about getting it on my upper arm.

Here is the actual pic I sent him.

I believe the rack hanging on your wall is a bit bigger than the drawing, thats my honest opinion. The drawing needs to be taller.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:05 AM
Fork Horn

Beautiful deer and drawing!
Old 12-19-2012, 12:19 PM
Fork Horn

im gonna have my daughter draw that same pic and show you another artists drawing, ill post it here when shes done, not that its not a good drawing it is. but it will give you another artists perspective. I dont think its done well enough for a tatoo though. the artist is pretty good but just has to keep drawing. and he or she will keep improving

Last edited by massman; 12-19-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by massman
im gonna have my daughter draw that same pic and show you another artists drawing, ill post it here when shes done, not that its not a good drawing it is. but it will give you another artists perspective. I dont think its done well enough for a tatoo though. the artist is pretty good but just has to keep drawing. and he or she will keep improving
That would be awesome! Thanks!
Old 12-20-2012, 09:13 AM
Fork Horn

Really cool tattoo and great idea of getting a deer tattooed that you actually shot. That way it has some meaning and it's not just any deer.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:21 AM
Fork Horn

Save your skin for a relative or friend. You have the mount ........enjoy it.
However..do what makes you happy.....sometimes that is farther between then downed deers.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:34 AM
Fork Horn

To each their own....but ask yourself. Is this deer that important that you want it on you for the rest of our life?? I have several tattoos. Some I like, others I could care less about. Unless there was something very significant about the particular hunt with this deer, I would suggest waiting. My guess is you will one day shoot a bigger deer and you'll look back and say "why did I get this little deer tattooed on me"

Who knows, life happens and deer hunting may take a back seat o wife, kids, family, etc and no longer have the importance it does now.

Again, coming from someone with several tattoos, here is my advice. DO NOT get your tat done by the artist that drew that picture. The drawing does not look realistic, and is very amateurish. You will not be happy with it. An artists drawing should look almost exactly like the final product. The artist of that drawing may be good at certain things, but is to good at portraits and realistic tattoo. That's my honest opinion. I'd be proud of myself ifi drew that picture, but I'm not a tattoo artist....