Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
looking for a bow for a strong 8 year old >

looking for a bow for a strong 8 year old

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: which should I buy
tenacty 11 hoyt usa powerflex
0%
Matthew youth bow
100.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

looking for a bow for a strong 8 year old

Old 12-06-2012, 07:09 AM
Spike

Default looking for a bow for a strong 8 year old

Im looking to buy a bow for my 8 year old son. I liove in a small town so used is hard to find. I found this, tenacty 11 hoyt usa powerflex for 350 comes with a sight that is roughneck by smart sight... the lady told me its a womans bow... and she is very small she had the arrows cut down as her arms are so short... so could this be a good reall started bow for him? he would like a Matthew bow? but they are 450 at our hunting store but new... should I buy this bow or go for the new Matthew youth bow.... the one in the ad is pictured here please respond I have to give an answer tonight
Attached Thumbnails looking for a bow for a strong 8 year old-bow-pic.jpg  
Old 12-06-2012, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

get him measured 1st...draw length...then see how many pounds he can pull, he will be able to pull more once his muscles get used to pulling, so shoot for a couple of weeks before deciding draw weight. then shop fer a bow. red head kronic is $300, comes ready to shoot and nib...but you'll need arrows and bh. shop around. put yer hands on it b4 you buy it, let him shoot it b4 purchase. buying a bow on someone elses word is a bad idea....limb could be cracked, weight not described right, draw length could be questionable. having the bow shop check it out is a plus!
Old 12-06-2012, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Halfbaked gave some good advice. No way I'd give $350 for that used bow. Not even close. Wait it out a bit, and get him some experience. Then make a bow decision.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:58 AM
Typical Buck

IMO no on the price of that used bow. Diamond makes a razor edge package that you can usually find for around $300.00. Has a broad range for draw lengths and weight so a person can grow with it. PSE also makes similar bow packages.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default No use in asking us old timers

Bows like PSE Rally have come long after our problems.
Fairly inexpensive, this one has easy changes to its draw length over a wide range ,that will meet a growing boys arm length.

http://products.pse-archery.com/video/29667215