Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Help on Broadheads >

Help on Broadheads

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help on Broadheads

Old 11-28-2012, 09:59 AM
Spike

Default Help on Broadheads

This is my first year bow hunting. I got everything, but broadheads. can someone give me some advice on what kind of broadheads to use?
Old 11-28-2012, 10:13 AM
Typical Buck

depends on your set up. if your shooting under a 60lb draw weight i suggest a fixed blade.

-Muzzy 3 blade
-slick tricks
-NAP Thunderhead.

If your draw weight is between 60-70 and you want to use mechanicals you can, i still prefer fixed blade most of the time.

The mechanical broadheads i suggest are...

-Nap Spitfires
-rage 2 blade
-grim reapers
Old 11-28-2012, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love fixed blade broadheads. I shoot Slick Tricks and really like them. I have also shot Muzzy Broadheads with good success too.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:28 PM
Spike

alright thanks! I believe the draw weight is like 55? or 50? Im not sure off the top of my head, but its about right in there.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Make sure your bow is well tuned and which broadhead you use is really a matter of preference. At 50 to 55lbs of draw weight I'd stick to fixed heads. Lots of good ones out there. Slick Tricks are a great fixed head. Can't go wrong with a 3 blade Muzzy either.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:59 PM
Spike

Okay thanks! Fixed it is.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:42 PM
Typical Buck

I shoot the muzzy 3-blade and love em, pass throughs every time and they are cheap. Alot of guys i know shoot slick tricks with great results as well. good luck.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:43 PM
Typical Buck

I love 2 blade Rage. This is completely a matter of personal preference though. Everyone will always swear their broadhead is the best, just like I will about the Rage. Try a few different ones and see which one you feel more comfortable with. I like the rage because it gets great penetration, MASSIVE entry and exits, and the best blood trails I have ever seen. A lot of friends of mine wouldn't shoot expandables if they were given to them for free. I like field point accuracy and no risk of planing. Go with your gut though. There really aren't too many "garbage" heads out there anymore. Technology has come a long way since the old Fred Bear arrowhead fixed blades, although those are still some mean dudes on game. BB