Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Bowhunting and Social Media >

Bowhunting and Social Media

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunting and Social Media

Old 10-16-2012, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bowhunting and Social Media

Hey,

Curious how many people here are on social media such as twitter?
I only ask because I recently started an account focused on hunting and have found tons of people are on their phones in the stand. How many of you are on your phones when you are out hunting? Do you think it effects your hunting in a negative way?

The_FFBowhunter is my new account.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:52 PM
Typical Buck

I use my phone to play Texas Hold Em, plus Im always texting other hunters & my wife while on stand. I can also check the current weather radars, wind directions, predicted weather changes, etc. As to the effect it has on my stand time, Id say its positive. Im far less bored & end up sitting for longer amounts of time. Micheal Waddell coined it, being a "HighTech Redneck". 8)
Old 10-17-2012, 01:45 AM
Spike

i text from the stand all the time.it helps the time go by and all my friends do it as well. it did cost me a shot at a nice 8 pt but it was real windy and i didnt hear it.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:38 AM
Typical Buck

I'm usually on my phone while in stand. I keep my ears open but it does help to pass the time.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:39 AM
Fork Horn

I always look around and make sure I am not missing something before I look at my phone. I text and use my twitter app to read the news and follow other hunters. I think its a big help as far as me staying in stand longer.

I think as long as you don't bury yourself in your phone it shouldn't hurt you. Just make it a habit to look around every few mintues.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:13 AM
Typical Buck

All the time the only thing I don't like doing is taking a pic with my Black Berry as it makes a camera sound. You cant turn this off so it is always a risk during the hunt when I am posting to Fb. One of these days it is going to cost me for sure I can just imagine how pissed I will be when I hear click, then a weez and crashing behind me!!!
Old 10-17-2012, 03:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

The only electronic devise I have on me when I'm hunting is my camera. I can't see a deer sneaking up on me if I'm playing. I'm there to hunt and take it seriously.