Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Rut is almost here! WI >

Rut is almost here! WI

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rut is almost here! WI

Old 10-13-2012, 09:08 AM
Typical Buck

Default Rut is almost here! WI

Can't wait. Neighbors have even bigger bucks still hanging out on their property.

Just need these guys to come out during the day!
Old 10-13-2012, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had little bucks bumping does all over the woods last night. Soon, but not soon enough. The doe's wanted nothing to do with them but its still neat to see.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:29 PM
Fork Horn

Its good to see a lil sparring going on. Been pretty slow around me. Doe dont seem to be even close to starting, but that will all change pretty soon. Good Luck guys!
Old 10-16-2012, 10:31 AM
Spike

I had 2 small bucks tussling out in front of me the other eve. It was fun to watch. I was hoping it would draw in the big boy, but no such luck.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:46 PM
Fork Horn

found a couple of rubs over a 50 acre sread, nothing to write home about, Doe starting to show up on cam during the daylight, so thats a plus
Old 10-16-2012, 06:13 PM
Spike

i had a lil buck bumpin a doe around the field tonight but she wasnt acting receptive i think he was just playin but he can within ten yards and put a scrap down
Old 10-16-2012, 06:16 PM
Fork Horn

Found about 20 new scrapes on the property this past weekend. Getting bucks showing up at my mock scrapes as well on camera. Including some of the bigger bucks. Not much for DAYTIME buck activity yet ... but did get trail cam video of a 2.5 year old 125" buck scattering does in a small food plot on Friday.

I think this weekend will be a bit too warm, but hoping next weekend will be a good one!
Old 10-17-2012, 11:55 AM
Fork Horn

I hunt in western Wisconsin on my property. I think it was October 8 and ninth I had two monster bucks another buck All hit the same scrape within 20 minutes of each other. I am not sure what it was but those two days had the bucks moving pretty hard-core, does anybody know where to look up past weather?
Old 10-17-2012, 03:59 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Dampland
Found about 20 new scrapes on the property this past weekend. Getting bucks showing up at my mock scrapes as well on camera. Including some of the bigger bucks. Not much for DAYTIME buck activity yet ... but did get trail cam video of a 2.5 year old 125" buck scattering does in a small food plot on Friday.

I think this weekend will be a bit too warm, but hoping next weekend will be a good one!
Where bouts are you? I am a little south of Shawano