Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Ethically correct >

Ethically correct

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ethically correct

Old 10-14-2012, 06:56 PM
Spike

Default Ethically correct

Kinda like politically correct. Anyway I was on my way down a lane to our hunting property. On my left is property belonging to an outfitter just tall grass. On my right a different farmers bean field. Straight ahead 200 yards is our gate. I just really get started and look to my left and think is that a rack? Backpedal a little and sure enough it is. Not just a rack but a giant rack. I'd say 10 points at least 170". The wind blowing from me to him i studied him for a good while and decide that the way it's laying he's dead. It never moved. I was gonna walk over and see it but it is someone elses property.I know the operations manager for the outfitter real well. The thought even crossed my mind that they might be looking for it. So I went on to my stand then txted him and told him of my find. They met me at dark and we walked in to get it. He was gone. So 30 yards from me bedded down with my scent going right to him was a giant who did'nt move a muscle. Maybe he knew I was on the other side of the property line. The operations manager told me good things come to ethically correct people. I sure hope so!
Old 10-14-2012, 09:19 PM
Typical Buck

Tough one but right call way to go
Treebeard
Old 10-15-2012, 03:46 AM
Spike

Just an ol smart buck. They dont get big by being stupid.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:21 AM
Banned

i have seen even young deer hold tight in crp. you almost have to step on them to make em move.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree,good call. Even if you never get such a chance again,you can rest with a good conscience and your ethics in tact.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:07 AM
Fork Horn

I agree...you did the right thing.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:40 PM
Fork Horn

i agree as well, walked a 40 for sale last weekend, left my bow on my property so I wasnt tempted in case the opportunity came up.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ya done good pal!!!