Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Chair

Old 10-08-2012, 11:07 AM
Spike

Default Chair

OK, I am 6'4" 300#.
Hunt from ground and need a chair or stool that is comfortable, but still allows enough movement to shoot a bow/rifle.

Have tried the cheap tripod stools and my lower anatomy rejected that in 30 minutes. Numb in 1 hr.

Also, cannot be real heavy as I hunt WMA and have to carry in/out. Also, since we hunt in dense swamp area, if too big, it will get caught on briars and etc in transport.

suggestions??

Also, any suggestions for quick and light weight cover to take in?
Most Popups seem too heavy and not enough room to shoot a 31" draw bow. Was thinking about a skirting like some turkey hunters use, but maybe 3-4' high instead of 18".

Suggestions?
Old 10-08-2012, 03:52 PM
Typical Buck

I saw a guy using a 5Gal. pail that had a swivel top. Not sure where they're sold
Old 10-08-2012, 04:26 PM
Fork Horn

I think I seen the lids tho that pail at Rural King....But if your 6'4 you neen something taller!! I'm 5'10 and my legs fall asleep on a bucket.Have you tried ane of thoes seats that strap to the tree? They are for ground use only.I got for a buddy of mine....we call him squach if that helps
Old 10-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Spike

Main issue with seats on trees is you have to have a good tree in the "right" location.

That said, this is a nice one at a good price....www.getyukontracks.com, TREE SEAT TREE LAX LOUNGER TL101.

Seems one of the best seats is the huntmore 360, but at $220----OUCH!!
Old 10-16-2012, 06:52 PM
Fork Horn

I'm 6'2" over 300 pounds, and so searching for hunting chairs has been tough for me too. I ended up finding a fold up camping chair at Fleet Farm. It was not a hunting chair.... merely just a green camping/travel chair. It doesn't swivel, but it supports my fat butt totally and comfortable. In fact I've killed 2 bucks and a few does while hunting from it! I think it only cost $40 bucks, and it only weighs about 4 pounds, so easy to hook over my should and carry in/out of the woods. Sorry I can't remember the brand name .... but just pointing out you should not limit yourself to "hunting" chairs or hunting stores. Good luck