Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow Decisions

Old 10-03-2012, 06:56 PM
Spike

Default Bow Decisions

I have been looking at alot of bows here lately, Im shooting a hoyt currently that to be honest is getting a little outdated, (ive had it about 5 years I believe.) So, I thought I would give it to my girlfriend who wants to learn to shoot, and give me a good excuse to get a new one. I am considering buying a PSE Bow madness, ive heard alot of good about them and found one for $375 loaded on craigslist... But, ive also found a Bowtech General for sale for $400 on craigslist I thought looks good, although havnt got to shoot yet. And ive felt a bowtech assassin i thought felt good, brand new loaded is $650 at a local shop... I guess what im asking is which is the best choice out of these? I want a good bow i can shoot for another season or two at least... best bang for the buck, quiet, fast.. and any other things I should be looking for. Or any other bows that I should check into would be appreciated, I havnt been reading up on bows lately. Thanks in advance!
Old 10-03-2012, 07:10 PM
Spike

Just wondering, what kind of Hoyt are you currently shooting? And i would go with the Bow madness. I haven't shot the other two to be completely honest but i've researched them quite a bit. The Bow Madness is quiet and smooth and has a solid wall. Those are what i look for in a bow and it has them all. It also won't break the bank, which is a plus.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:18 PM
Spike

Thats what ive been leaning toward, because it seems like the most bang for the buck. Im shooting the Sierra Tech right now, its probably about 6 years old I would say, Its like the V-tech only more of a yoath model.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:22 PM
Spike

Default Bow Choice

I had to stop bowhunting this year due to back issues. That being said I wouldn't shoot anything but Bear bows. For the price, smoothness, accuracy, and quiet they can't be beat IMHO.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

If I were you, I'd buy another Hoyt...otherwise, you'd have to change your name on here!

Seriously, though, any of the three will be a dandy bow for you.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:17 AM
Typical Buck

the general is a nice bow but also a little dated in some dept. Not saying it won't serve you well or kill deer but newer bows are lighter, faster, shorter ata.

Got get your hands on as many bows as you can, get a feel for them and if possible shoot as many as you can.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:11 PM
Spike

I stopped by a bow shop while on break today from school, but I didnt have enough time to really check them out in depth. Im going to the bowtech dealer tomorrow and look some over and try and shoot, I understand the general is a little dated. Its a 08 I believe, I think the pse im looking at is an 09, Is there that much of a difference between the two? I want something newer faster, better... But, I also don't want to really spend the money on a brand new bow. Decisions, decisions... haha.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:36 AM
Fork Horn

Shoot multiple bows and see which one feels best !