Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
early Pa special regs doe down >

early Pa special regs doe down

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

early Pa special regs doe down

Old 09-24-2012, 06:54 AM
Spike

Default early Pa special regs doe down

Went out Saturday morning for the first time. its early, special regulations time in PA. I went to an area i know very well and have had success in previous years. I picked this area because of the mast crop--i haven't scouted it, but know there are tons of oaks and we are having a good mast year. I get settled in by 630. About 710, i see a doe come out behind me about 50 yds away. I get the bow ready. As quickly as i se her, she's no where to be found. I just figured that she walked away in the one area that was thick with no visibility. I hang my bow back up (after 10 minutes of waiting). No sooner that i hang it up, i see her again. This time, she is making her way from my right to left, heading to a nice shooting lane. I get my bow and am ready. She slowly starts walking toward the lane. As she nears the lane, i draw--somehow i put the sight perfectly in that spot. As she hit the shooting lane, the pin was right behind the shoulder --she stopped for that split second. i touched the release and heard the sweetest sound--she bolts like she was hit good. I pack up and climb down. The arrow is in the ground covered in bright red blood, but there is no blood around the area where she was hit. I walk along the trail she created after she was shot--still no blood until about 20 yards--3 drops on a leaf. I keep following the line she took and there she was 10 yards from where she exited the woods into a field--DEAD. The arrow hit exactly where i aimed and came out behind the opposite front leg. It was a perfect double-lung shot--20 yards with a 30 yard recovery. The exit hole had a fat plug which is why there was very little blood.
I couldn't be happier--meat for the freezer--i can just taste the venison chili. Sorry that there are no pics, but had to get it to the processor before my son's travel soccer game. I cannot wait for the end of October and Mr. Big to come by my stand
Darton Avalanche, Beman ICS Hunter 340 with Slick Tricks, a lethal combination
Old 09-24-2012, 05:34 PM
Typical Buck

nice. Im hunting in the areas with the early season doe to, but i don't buy the tags. i usually take my doe in gun season. I did have 6 doe all in shooting range when i was sitting in my stand watching though.