Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
I Need Help And Advice!!!!! >

I Need Help And Advice!!!!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I Need Help And Advice!!!!!

Old 09-20-2012, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I Need Help And Advice!!!!!

I am almost completely satisfied with my new bow. There is one problem that I can't figure out though. Maybe someone can help me out. I have three pins set at 20, 30, and 40 yards. At 20 yards I shoot 4 arrows and they are all in the black. At 30 yards I shoot the same 4 arrows and 2 are good in the black and one shoots just over the black and the other one shoots just under the black. At 40 yards they are all in the black again. I thought it was a fluke so I did this again 4 times. All 4 times the same thing happened. The 2 that I shoot off at 30 aren't the same arrows everytime either and it's not like the first 2 or last two . It's always random. I had a buddy with me and he watched me diligently and I really tried at 30 extra hard after that happened to get them in the black. To no avail. Two would always be either above or below it. Any guesses at what might be going on here?
Old 09-20-2012, 09:04 PM
Typical Buck

paper tune the bow at 30 yards and see what its doing. if need be make adjustments to make a perfect hole with 3 vanes. if you cant get it to paper tune change the spine on your arrows. first thing first though make 100% sure your shooting form is perfect it will save you time and money
Old 09-21-2012, 01:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by deerhunter518
paper tune the bow at 30 yards and see what its doing. if need be make adjustments to make a perfect hole with 3 vanes. if you cant get it to paper tune change the spine on your arrows. first thing first though make 100% sure your shooting form is perfect it will save you time and money
I agree...
Old 09-24-2012, 10:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot again on Monday. Problem solved!!!!! After contemplating how to fix this problem I first tried to shoot. It must have been my form because everything was shooting sweet on Monday.