Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Sorry mathews but you have been caught. >

Sorry mathews but you have been caught.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sorry mathews but you have been caught.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:20 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by solocamcan
Can't really blame you, I shoot a Mathews but those Monster bows were the worst thing they've ever put out. They are pretty fast, but thats about all they are.
REALY? wow your one statement tell me you have no idea what your talking about.

I love my Mathews bows, and my Monster they shoot lights out for me.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:06 PM
Fork Horn

I just purchased my first BOWTECH this year a 2012 Invasion.... My GOD I love this bow!!!
Old 10-25-2012, 06:03 AM
Fork Horn

I may be in the minority here...but I purchased a G5 Quest this year and I love it!! Extremely quiet, and shoot 325 fps IBO!! I have absolutely no complaints whatsoever with this bow!
Old 10-25-2012, 10:41 AM
Spike

I don't plan on getting rid of my 2007 Mathews Drenalin anytime soon. It's going to take some pretty crazy advancements to justify the cost of a new rig over what I currently have.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by seth_turner_04
I don't plan on getting rid of my 2007 Mathews Drenalin anytime soon. It's going to take some pretty crazy advancements to justify the cost of a new rig over what I currently have.
It's a great bow, you really don't need too. I just gave mine to my buddy because he wanted to upgrade and I really liked the Heli-m so I went after that. The way I figured, if he is shooting a better bow than he was (It was pretty old) then thats hopefully less blood trailing for all of us!
Old 11-08-2012, 03:39 PM
Spike

I said in the beginning ive always been a mathews faithful before this. The speed, size, weight: stats dont lie, this bow has it all. Not dogging any other bow because like i said i loved my mathews and my hoyt but considering the assassin was $640 w/ accesories (which i obviously replaced) was worthy of why it was the best selling bow of 2011. Whatever bow you like, shoot it i just suprisingly prefer my bt over my mathews z7.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:55 AM
Spike

I enjoy hearing from the Mathews bashers it makes me smile!
Old 11-13-2012, 04:42 AM
Fork Horn

Bowtech copies Mathews? This is the funniest joke i've heard in a while. Mathews solo cam! until Bowtech perfected the dual cam then its the Monster made by Mathews Solo Cam that is not a Solo cam and not a very good dual cam either. But all they have to do it make it look cool, give it an apealing name, say it shoots 25000000 fps IBO speed, and price it at $999 bare bow and people will buy it. Give me a break man Mathews makes great bows for a certain type of bow hunter, but don't accuse the company making bows for a completely different type of bow hunter of copying Mathews stuff. Mathews makes great bows, they are light, smooth drawing, and last a long time. Bowtechs, and recently PSE is making bows geared toward the younger generation of bow hunters. The bowhunters that shoot year round, like the solid wall that both are now known for and want nothing other that speed and silence from their bow. Mathews lately has been trying to capture part of the younger market with the Monster and Helim... They failed.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:52 PM
Spike

Default Sorry mathews but you have been caught.

Originally Posted by hatchet jack
You should shoot the Elite Answer! WOW!

hatchet Jack
I have the Elite Answer, and it is a nice, quite, fast bow. And it also has better let-off than my mathews bow I just sold. It was supposed to be an 80% let-off bow, but didn't come close to the Elite let-off.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Skeeder1964
I have the Elite Answer, and it is a nice, quite, fast bow. And it also has better let-off than my mathews bow I just sold. It was supposed to be an 80% let-off bow, but didn't come close to the Elite let-off.
I don't have any experience with either bow, but would like to toss this in. It's possible both bows had nearly the same letoff but just didn't feel like it due to a different cam or module shape.

One bow might feel harsher due to holding it's peak weight longer and thus will produce more speed whereas a smoother bow might peak the same, but roll over easier due to a less aggressive cam/module configuration.

I've found that to compare one bow against the other it's better to set them both up for the same speed instead of the same poundage. Then see how they feel. Sometimes the harsher cammed bow will produce the same performance at considerably less draw weight and therefore not feel nearly as harsh.

It really doesn't matter much. You still have to choose the bow you like better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.