HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Sorry mathews but you have been caught.
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 07:29 AM
BGfisher
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Skeeder1964
I have the Elite Answer, and it is a nice, quite, fast bow. And it also has better let-off than my mathews bow I just sold. It was supposed to be an 80% let-off bow, but didn't come close to the Elite let-off.
I don't have any experience with either bow, but would like to toss this in. It's possible both bows had nearly the same letoff but just didn't feel like it due to a different cam or module shape.

One bow might feel harsher due to holding it's peak weight longer and thus will produce more speed whereas a smoother bow might peak the same, but roll over easier due to a less aggressive cam/module configuration.

I've found that to compare one bow against the other it's better to set them both up for the same speed instead of the same poundage. Then see how they feel. Sometimes the harsher cammed bow will produce the same performance at considerably less draw weight and therefore not feel nearly as harsh.

It really doesn't matter much. You still have to choose the bow you like better.