Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Advice on Rain gear >

Advice on Rain gear

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Advice on Rain gear

Old 09-19-2012, 05:31 PM
Spike

Default Advice on Rain gear

Looking to buy some new rain gear this fall and was wanting some suggestions... I like the new cabels new drop camp line but no reviews on them yet. Mainly be used in bow season, quiet and dry are my main goals. Thanks
Old 09-19-2012, 06:03 PM
Fork Horn

My lovely bride bought me the new Cabelas Rain Suede Evolution with Scent Lok Parka and Pants for Christmas last year. Got to use them one time before the end of the season, was very impressed. They don't smother you and are very quiet. Allow moisture from your body to escape, and totally water proof. I am very satisfied, so far. Hey, if your wife buys you gifts like that, I'm very satisfied !
Old 09-20-2012, 05:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gore Tech is what I use, seems to work fine, not too loud or hot.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:51 AM
Spike

Rivers West Gear. I've been totally impressed with this stuff. It's pricey and it can be a little warm in early season, but I've stood on stand in pouring down rain for a few hours during rifle season and stayed bone dry (aside from my hands because they stayed in my pockets and the rain would run down the sleeve and fill up in the pocket). It's completely quite because the material on the outside feels like a brushed fleece material. Very impressed and happy with it.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:59 PM
Spike

Thanks for the input.i have 5 year raingear but last year i bowhunteda morning of five hours of rain, downpour at many times and after about two hours of heavy stuff i was soaked so this year thats not gonna happen.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:42 PM
Fork Horn

Rivers West won my vote last year after 5 hours of downpour and I stayed totally dry. It was cool out, so I cant speak to it being too hot in the early season.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:08 PM
Typical Buck

i like under armour very light weight yet really warm keeps you as dry as a sponge in a dust storm
Old 09-21-2012, 01:46 PM
Spike

Ive been checkin out the rivers west. Which rivers west set do you use?
Old 09-22-2012, 06:47 AM
Fork Horn

two word......FROG TOGS!!!!!