Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
First Video we have done like this! >

First Video we have done like this!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First Video we have done like this!

Old 09-19-2012, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

we want e1 to see this. we dont want it to die. let e1 see what/who ya are. maybe they wont wanna be like you...and will remember this thread when they shoot.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im working on a webcam system, maybe when he sees what we do in the woods, he mite learn a thing or two.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Over 600 people watched that video in less than a week. And in the polls, it looks like some honest fellas said they would if they thought they could. Immagine that. I guess there are some folks that arent just followers after all!
Old 09-20-2012, 06:05 PM
Typical Buck

I personally dont feel that taking a shot at a running deer with archery equipment is ethical either. There is too much room for error and in heavy timber it is probably very tough to "thread the needle" without a high chance of arrow deflection which could very well lead to a wounded critter even if your aim was spot on.

Last edited by sdhunter11; 09-20-2012 at 06:13 PM.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats what shooting lanes are for. We dont just go in the woods and start slinging arrows. One picks a spot thats clear and hides behind a tree, the other starts at the other end and spot/stalk, keeping the wind behind him. If a deer holds tight, shoot him. If he runs, the stander down wind may get a shot. Not really rocket science in my book. Ive been killing deer like that since we all had recurves and tree stands were not legal here in Wisconsin. None of you youngsters would probobly know what to do without a tree stand. Well, maybe a few, who had parents who lived it, and took the time to teach ya.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:22 AM
Typical Buck

Well i thought that was uncalled for, but i suppose if that is the way you want to play it, I will just have to remember in future threads that you and i participate in that you know everything about deer hunting with a bow and that i am too young to know anything and that my father did not teach me anything about hunting ethics.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not at all kid, Ive learned lots of stuff from an open minded new commer to the action. And maybe your pappy never could hit a runner, so he didnt teach you that. Its the closed mind that never learns anything.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:29 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by On_Point
Which part was particularly unethical?
Amazing that the question above was asked, but here let me help out:

The part where the boy puts down the deer at 0:27 seconds with a spine shot and the deer thrashes around for another 2:12. The kid is so consumed with arrowing another deer he fails to realize the deer in front of him is still alive. If your son was aware the deer was alive, then not sure what to say in this case. Another arrow or the knife is the right thing to do at 40 seconds of this video (you should teach your son that, my dad taught me that as one of the first things to do 30+ years ago, and I've passed it down to my kids, if you can't see that then there is no point having a discussion).

That's what's unethical about this piece. Finally, a running shot with a bow is highly unlikely to hit the vitals, he's extremely lucky he hit him high. I suspect the OP has lost many animals from watching what was posted unless they set out to spine all the running deer - then it was a great shot.

Last edited by *twodogs*; 09-21-2012 at 11:07 AM.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

End result was meat in the freezer, its either dead or it aint. Kinda like no second place in a gun fight. And no, we dont loose deer. Ive got a St. Bernard that will find em for me if I gotta go home and get him. As a matter of fact, I usually go get him to find them anyway. Just because he likes to do it! He knows Im cooking deer liver and heart stew just for him that night! Ill have a backstrap.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:38 PM
Typical Buck

The deer was spine shot so of course he was going to end up in the freezer. Letting him kick around in the leaves that long while your son's greed for another deer kept him from dispatching the one he had down is where we all have a problem. It is not about worshipping a deer, it is about respect for the animal. My father was busy teaching me this point instead of teaching me how to spine a deer on the run.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.