Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
First Video we have done like this! >

First Video we have done like this!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First Video we have done like this!

Old 09-28-2012, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

If they dont wanna do something about the deer, then they cant complain about the damage they do. Here I charge $75 dollars per deer to fill there ag tags. Some guys do it for free just for the meat, but if a guy is in a pinch, they will pay if it means a big differance in the crop damage check.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:05 PM
Typical Buck

I think it is kinda a full circle, the farmers usually try to run deer off hay bales but they also realize that in the open prarie, the wildlife need cover as well. Just east of the river most of the farmers take out everything within inches of the fencelines. they take out sloughs and grind them for silage. I dont think that is right either, leaving the deer with almost nothing, i am talking about an area with very few trees.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

If the animals causing the problem require those areas to live, then a habitat modification solves the farmers problem without having to kill them. In my bussiness, I alwayse need to tell someone to trim trees, move wood piles, fix fences, net Koi Ponds, etc. That is a small form of habitat modification. Make the critters not want to be there, take away cover, access, water, food, and they will go next door instead.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

This thread has gone on 10 pages more than it should already, I ain't gonna leave an opinion, because one or the other will not like what I say and I've heard 10 pages of bulls#!t. Do the majority a favour and stop fuelling both fires, enough is enough already.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:39 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by furgitter
I suppose you dont head shoot em here then either right? Cause it could wreck there antlers? I dont get some folks, who are you trying to fool? Is a deer any more of a precious animal than a squirrel,a rabbit, a duck?I am out there harvesting meat, thats my agenda. I also head shoot squirrels, running rabbits with a bow, and ducks flying 45 miles an hour with a shotgun. My kids have been shooting rabbits on the run with a bow since they were 12, just like me. If I dont need a gun for raccoons I grab them bare handed.
You don't need to defend yourself to people who have probably done something "unethical" themselves a time or two. People judge others but it's different when it's them. There are so many ways that others can look at different styles of hunting and call it unethical. It's all a matter of choice. I do wish though, that if you have a wounded deer, you dispatch it quickly. No sense in making the animal suffer any longer than it has to.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I enjoyed reading through all 6 pages.. Can't say that I learned much, other than people on here would be good for a debate team.

Congratz to your son on the buck! This isn't focused at you or your son, but we all make bad shots. It happens. All that matters is that the freezer is full.