Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bambi' s revenge! >

Bambi' s revenge!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bambi' s revenge!

Old 09-10-2003, 08:15 AM

Default Bambi' s revenge!

I was watching a show last night called " What were you thinking" which featured a bowhunter and his wife. This guy had the bright idea of enticing a bull elk to attack him while his wife videotaped it. Apparantly he was going to shoot it with his bow as it charged him. The man dosed himself head to toe with ELK urine and walked with bow in hand to the edge a meadow near some thick woods. As his wife video taped him he started his ELK call. A few minutes later a big racked buck (looked like a blacktail), came charging out of the woods. Before this guy knew what happened the buck was on his hind legs beating the crap out of this fellow with his front feet. He was able to get to his feet momentarily and tried to fend the deer off with his bow but the buck knocked the bow out of his hands and started pummeling him again. His wife then decided she should go try and help her husband so she dropped the camera and started towards him. Heres what gets me.
The man yells at her to go back and get the camera and keep filming!!?[]
The buck finally gets tired of wacking this idiot with his front feet and then trys to
gore him. The man grabs the antlers as the deer continues to beat him.
Finally able to get to his feet, the bloody and battered man bolts to a nearby tree and makes it up it. The buck walks over to the tree, lifts its tail, and in a last act
of defiance belches out a rasberry sound just before it heads back into the woods.
I was laughing so hard i spilled my popcorn
Old 09-10-2003, 08:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Bambi' s revenge!

That footage has been around for years. In fact, it was found out this was in a pen and this idiot purposely created the whole scene. I wouldn' t doubt it wasn' t a hunter at all but an anti creating it for hunting attacks. Quite frankly, I find it disturbing and pathetic and a black eye for bowhunting, regardless on who produced it because it hits public TV.
Old 09-10-2003, 10:33 AM
voz
Fork Horn

I agree with the last post.....I think the video is funny...but probably doesn' t support what we do very well
Old 09-10-2003, 11:44 AM

I saw this footage a couple of years ago and was telling a friend about this and my friend said he knew this guy personally. He proceeded to tell me more outragous stories about this guy and said he had a video of him at home. The next time he came over he brought this video for me to watch. He warned me that some of the things wern' t exactally leagal, but I was dumbfounded. First this guy captured a young bull elk and named him stomper, for good reason. The elk was in some type of horse stall and every time this guy would get near the young bull would raise up on his backs legs and stop the $#!& out of this guy. The tape also had some recent footage of stomper (that is now a 6x6 bull elk) and the guy would go into the pen with him and stomper would pen this guy to the ground with his rack and push him around the pin. There was also some footage of this guy on the back of en elk he had shot that was still alive as this guy proceeded to stab the elk in the neck. I believe this elk was poached because it was still in velvet and Washington state does not have a hunting season that early (that is where all of this took place). You just wouldn' t believe this tape. This guy is not hunter, not even close. I guess the Fish and Game know all about this guy and have been after hime for some time. This was several years ago so maybe that have nailed him by now, one can only hope. The way my friend described it, there was going to be one heck of a shoot out if the fish and game ever came after him (sounded to me like a Ruby Ridge type of guy). This guy is a first class looser!!
Old 09-10-2003, 02:00 PM

Wow. I figured this guy was an idiot but I didnt realize the history. Makes me wish I hadnt posted this. [X(]
Old 09-10-2003, 05:25 PM

And stories like this are the very reason I always sign my posts," Keep It Legal, Keep It Safe, Or We May Not Get To Keep It At All" . As hunters, we need to do it better, safer, more ethical, and more professional than ever before. We are the vast minority in the population and our numbers are dwindling. If we want to continue to enjoy our sport, we need to do everything we can to show that idiots like this aren' t the ones that the anti hunters think are representatives of all hunters. As far as this yahoo is concerned, he better be glad I didn' t witness this event or he would haven' t had to worry about getting his butt kicked by an elk! Sorry but I get upset by clowns like this that have absolutely no repsect for the sport or the game they pursue. We as hunters have enough problems with public opinion without someone like this making our sport seem enough more inhumane.
[:@][:@][:@]