Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

API Rip off

Old 09-09-2003, 06:13 AM
SAK

Default API Rip off

Hopefully I am the only one that got ripped off, but I doubt it. I ordered parts for my API grand slam climber from orderoutdoors.com over 2 months ago and never recieved my merchandise. My account was charged 2 days after the order. I have tried to call and sent over 20 e-mails. The only response I have gotten has told me they are experiencing problems and to be patient. I truely doubt I will ever see my order. Warning: Beware of orderoutdoors.com
Old 09-09-2003, 06:59 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: API Rip off

Didn' t API go bankrupt?

Anyway, contact your credit card company or bank and let them know. They can credit your account. Furthermore, send a certified letter to the company you purchased the items that were never recieved detailing everything, and inform them you will be contacting the BBB and states attorney general in their area. It may not get you somewhere, but it can' t hurt.
Old 09-09-2003, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

SAK, no offense but the title " API ripoff" is a bit misleading because it appears that " orderoutdoors.com" ripped you off not API.

Reylamb, you are partially correct. Outland Sports did go bankrupt and they owned API, as well as Blueridge, FeatherFlex, Lohman, Kenco, and some other hunting companies. However, I have heard that Outland is being bought out.

Old 09-10-2003, 07:00 AM
Fork Horn

I just noticed the old website for API outdoors now takes you to the Koplin website??? I know Bass Pro still sells API, does anyone know what going on with them>>>
Thanks
Old 09-10-2003, 07:12 AM
Super Moderator

I do notice that in the latest catalogs.......API stands are mentioned as imported now..........argghhhhhh!
Old 09-10-2003, 07:33 AM

Go with a Summit stand and then if you need help you will get good service!!!!!!!
Old 09-10-2003, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bass Pro and Cabelas leased the name and patents of API. They are having the stands made over seas rather than in Mississippi where Paul Meeks has made them forever. As I said in my earlier it is most likely that Outland Sports is being bought out by another company whom I won' t name.
Old 09-10-2003, 11:56 AM

The same thing happened to me about a month ago. I ordered some replacement shrink wrap for the chain on my stand. I never recieved my order. They didn' t charge my credit card. I sent them 4 emails and got no response. My next stand is going to be a Lone Wolf.