Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 seriously!!! is pse a decent brand of bow for HUNTING purposes? >

seriously!!! is pse a decent brand of bow for HUNTING purposes?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

seriously!!! is pse a decent brand of bow for HUNTING purposes?

Old 09-09-2003, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: seriously!!! is pse a decent brand of bow for HUNTING purposes?

PSE is a very good hunting bow. Don' t get caught up in all the advertising hype.
Old 09-09-2003, 06:56 AM

Im on my second PSE and I like it. Shoots quiet, consistant, and accurate.
Old 09-09-2003, 07:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Outdoorman09, don' t worry about what anyone else says about your bow.

At a 3D shoot a couple years ago, I had the fine experience of being grouped with a bunch of open class fellers, the ones with the adjustable scopes and long stabilizers. I was shooting pins, release and short stabilizer. They spent the first 15 targets of the shoot telling me I needed lighter arrows. I needed a faster bow. I needed to take my time and quit shooting so quick (while I stood there with my hair turning gray waiting for those idiots to finally squeeze off a shot).... They had everything lined up for me, from the bow I needed all the way down to what brand of vanes should be on my arrows. After 15 targets we took a break and the score keepers tallied the results to that point. I didn' t get any more friendly advice because my score was right there with them. O, the horror!

When you hear a bunch of guys bragging about what brand of bow they shoot, how much they spend, swelling their chest as they recite chronograph numbers... They' re shoveling manure. That' s all it is.

If the bow feels good in your hand, if YOU like it, if you know how it shoots and it shoots well for you, then it' s a decent hunting bow. Sure, there may be ' better' bows out there, but that depends on how you define ' better' . One thing for sure you bow' s got that the others don' t... It' s paid for.
Old 09-09-2003, 07:32 AM

PSE makes a great product. If you are happy with the bow then I would leave it at that.

Their are some great bows out their, but I think if you switched you would always be thinking their was something about your Predator you liked better. I have had a few bows in the past that I wish I had kept.

I think the guys have given you some good advice!!
Old 09-09-2003, 08:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

When you hear a bunch of guys bragging about what brand of bow they shoot, how much they spend, swelling their chest as they recite chronograph numbers... They' re shoveling manure. That' s all it is.
I thought it smelled rather stinky around my house lately.

ROTFLMAO

Now that is an Arthur quote if I ever saw one. You definitely had me laughing loudly with that one.

As the others have stated, PSE makes a fine bow whether it be for hunting or target shooting. I would have no apprehension in picking up one of their current models off the rack and shooting an animal with it.

If you are comfortable with it and the bow fits you then do not worry about what everyone else is shooting.
Old 09-09-2003, 09:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Gotta call ' em like I see ' em, Frank. [>:]
Old 09-09-2003, 09:53 AM

I shoot an PSE F2 I could get a differant bow but why. It shoots good Its quiet and it works for me.
Old 09-09-2003, 10:44 AM
Typical Buck

PSE makes great bows! Thats all Ive ever owned. All bow companies make good bows. Speed to me isnt that important, a quiet accurate bow gets the deer not speed.
Old 09-09-2003, 12:29 PM
Fork Horn

hey thanks guys....i know what your talking about...like i said i like my bow...and it doesn' t really matter who i' m shooting agaisnt because i still try to get closer...

i got another question tho.....do penduleum....sorry i can' t spell very well...sight work very well???......and another...if i get smaller pins...like .19 would that help with pin point accuracy more....i can definately hit what i aim at...but i like to have a very presice aim...something i picked up from shooting my .22 or is this not gonna help.....or would i have to get a smaller peep sight so that it makes it more accurate with the smaller pins?

just wondering

thanks for all the replys... i like reading that kinda stuff