Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
how to install a peep sight? >

how to install a peep sight?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

how to install a peep sight?

Old 08-19-2012, 09:14 AM
Spike

Default how to install a peep sight?

i just got a team realtree peepsight and i need to install it on my golden eagle compouond bow. i do not have a bowpress is there any other way i can put a peepsight on my bow?
Old 08-19-2012, 09:58 AM
Typical Buck

carefully!
It might be best for you to take it to an archery shop or atleast have someone help you. You'll need to draw your bow back to your normal anchor point while someone makes a mark with a marker or chalk. You dont want to have to change your anchor point just to look through your peep! You'll also need to put a serving on each side of the peep to keep it in place.
Look it up on youtube! Keep in mind that a wide peep lets you see your pins better in low light! Good luck
Old 08-19-2012, 10:43 AM
Typical Buck

The first time I installed a peep sight on my bow I used dental floss and the peep sight pulled out when I drew back and tore 3 out of 4 strands of my bowstring. So I had to get a new string thats why I let the guy at my local pro shop install my peep sights now.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

You can do this without the aid of a bow press. You have to be careful though. I do not recomend using dental floss as a serving. I like to use power pro fishing line as a serving. Its strong and of course its water proof.