Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
New bow or upgrade the old? >

New bow or upgrade the old?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New bow or upgrade the old?

Old 07-08-2012, 05:09 AM
Spike

Default New bow or upgrade the old?

Hey guys. I was caught in the dilemna that I'm sure alot of you run into now and then. I run a Mathews Outback I bought new. The only thing that I didn't care for was the Whisker Biscuit, and the stock, fat grip that Mathews were known for.

Last weekend, I had the new HeliM in my hands - nice and light, compact, and a nice thin grip. I fell in love with the thing.

OK, now what? If I sell the Outback, I could get maybe $350. The HeliM goes for about $800 stripped.

At this stage of my life, the money to buy the new bow is not a showstopper. It is really a question of where does it stop? I spent many hours fine tuning what I have. Why buy new? - because it's fun setting up a new bow - that's why.

Anyway, I made my decision. I bought a new rest, an Octane Hijacker, and replaced the stock grip with a new Mathews slim one. The last thing I need to do is get some new Luminock lighted nocks and I feel like I have a new bow without buying one. Just wondering if you guys go thru the same mental anguish?

Safe hunting.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:36 AM
Spike

If it aint broke don't fix it.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:04 AM
Fork Horn

Buy the new bow. The new bows are smoother and lighter than older bows. if you have the money, you will not regret it. Tuning the bow is half the fun.