HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New bow or upgrade the old?
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 05:09 AM
JoeBHunting
Spike

Default New bow or upgrade the old?

Hey guys. I was caught in the dilemna that I'm sure alot of you run into now and then. I run a Mathews Outback I bought new. The only thing that I didn't care for was the Whisker Biscuit, and the stock, fat grip that Mathews were known for.

Last weekend, I had the new HeliM in my hands - nice and light, compact, and a nice thin grip. I fell in love with the thing.

OK, now what? If I sell the Outback, I could get maybe $350. The HeliM goes for about $800 stripped.

At this stage of my life, the money to buy the new bow is not a showstopper. It is really a question of where does it stop? I spent many hours fine tuning what I have. Why buy new? - because it's fun setting up a new bow - that's why.

Anyway, I made my decision. I bought a new rest, an Octane Hijacker, and replaced the stock grip with a new Mathews slim one. The last thing I need to do is get some new Luminock lighted nocks and I feel like I have a new bow without buying one. Just wondering if you guys go thru the same mental anguish?

Safe hunting.