Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Unbelievable!!

Old 09-02-2003, 05:35 PM

Default Unbelievable!!

I am riding my Quad doing some scouting for tree stand locations and tracks in all this rain. I come around a bend and there are 2 bucks a 4 and a 7 in full velvet. I quickly shut off the quad and observe. They could have cared less..15 yards away and they continued to eat,poop and play. They start coming towards me the 7 walks behind me at 10 yards while the four is in front of me..I' m like this aint happenning. I swat mosquitos away..lift my leg to get off the quad and they continue eating. After 45 minutes of observing I start the quad to go home and tell my son and wife. I get son and camera and go back and they are a few yards away and ignoring us. Then the 4 starts rubbing antlers and removes velvet right in front of us. They spare a little and we get great pictures.. Man what a way to get pumped for the season. Do you think the pain of removing the velvet just made them so relaxed?? It was weird the way they did not get scared. How do I post pictures? Thanks
Old 09-02-2003, 05:52 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Unbelievable!!

Thats so COOL! Your son must have loved that! Someone tell him how to post pics quick!!
Old 09-02-2003, 06:02 PM

That is just Awesome Can' t wait to see the pictures.
Old 09-02-2003, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

They know......they know......its not season!!

Good Luck!
Old 09-02-2003, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

come opening day they will run at the snap of a twig
Old 09-02-2003, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Too cool. Just more proof though that these deer know the regs as well as the forests they live in!
Old 09-03-2003, 07:25 AM
Typical Buck

you posts pics by embedding them in your post or uploading them to a website and then including them in your post as a URL... I' d love to see them. Heck, I' ll host them for you. If you want to email them to me go ahead and I' ll put them up on my server and send you the addresses. If you want send me the pics (already on pc, right?) and I' ll put them up. [email protected]

sorry everyone else this is a one time shot... please nobody else ask me to host pics. There' s plenty of free ways to do this online, I just thought it' d be nice since he had an extraordinary experience.
Old 09-03-2003, 08:50 AM
Fork Horn

Sounds like a great experience. Just wait till bow season...they' ll see you from 300 yards and run like heck!

here is some photo hosting help:

http://www.totalsportsman.com/forum/...sp?TOPIC_ID=38
Old 09-03-2003, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

LUCKY MAN!
Old 09-03-2003, 09:19 AM
Typical Buck

Put on camo and hold your bow and they' ll run away doing a 100 miles an hour. I have nice herd in my yard. I can walk within about 20yds of them and they don' t seem to mind.. You can email me your pics and I' ll post them here for ya..

JJ

Quick Reply: Unbelievable!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.