Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

stealth cam

Old 09-01-2003, 08:58 PM
Spike

Default stealth cam

bought a stealth cam from wally world for 67.00, put it out sat evening cant wait to see what shows up, has rained 7 inches since i put it out, sure hope its waterproof like they say.DEAN
Old 09-02-2003, 07:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: stealth cam

Dean,

I only bought mine several days ago so I am not expert. However, the day that I first put mine out it rained pretty good. Neither the camera nor the pictures were damaged or reduced in quality in anyway. I would not be concerned as long as you click-closed the door.
Old 09-02-2003, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I put mine out on Sunday afternoon. By the end of Monday night we have got more than 6 inches of rain. So i guess we' ll see if the stealth cam is weather proof.
Old 09-02-2003, 08:15 AM

I wouldn' t worry about it, as long as you closed that case good. I have had both of mine out in some of the worst rain imagineable, actually, there were micro-bursts and possibly tornados in the same areas that these cameras were in. The one day we got 3-1/4" of rain in just a few hours. Everything around here is soaked and flooded, except the inside of my Stealth Cams. The pictures taken after these storms were still perfect quality, so, I wouldn' t worry about it at all.
Old 09-02-2003, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good deal. I can' t wait to get back out there in a few weeks. I set it in a small finger of trees that jets out to the south of a 20 acre patch of timber, right next to a small pond in the finger. It was filled with tracks. And with temps still pretty warm I' m hoping I can come away with some nice pics of quite a few deer.
Old 09-02-2003, 07:02 PM
Typical Buck

I was wondering the same thing about the Steath I just put out a week ago. It' s the first time I' ve ever left a brand new birthday present in the rain on purpose!

glad to hear it' ll be ok.