Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 building tree stands? >

building tree stands?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

building tree stands?

Old 05-22-2003, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default building tree stands?

I am just wnating to know a website on building tree stands? my uncle made 2 of them (hes a carpenter so they are nice) and i am thinkin of makin 1 more but i wana look at some other ideas first. thnks
Old 05-22-2003, 10:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: building tree stands?

id call plans about useless...you know how they are supposed to be built onto the tree and all....now make a nice one to fit your likings specifically......its not like you need to see how they are built on the tree...after that id say its all on how YOU want it built....if i was building one for myself as my main stand id get fancy and make it nice and comfy and build it right....i dont know of any sights that have plans....but really if your uncles a carpenter his are probally built pretty good...follow his design and build on whatever else you think would be nice and usefull and hack off whatever you think is usuless....good luck......one day i will have land to build stands on.....until then i can dream....
Old 05-24-2003, 01:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

wooden palats or skids from grocery stores make excellent platforms. Just build beams across the trees and sit it on, nail it down, and check it every few months and add support as needed. dont forget that safety harness!
Old 05-24-2003, 04:30 PM

mrfishy34
Are you talking about home made portables ?
Old 06-04-2003, 10:45 AM

LIKE MAUSER06 SAID YOU HOW JUST DO IT TO YOUR LIKING. BUILD IT GOOD , DONT GET CHEAP OR LAG ON THE STABILITY , KEEP IT SAFE. THIS WILL BE ALOT OF FUN FOR YOU. IVE BUILT A FEW AND HAVE PLANS FOR A TOWER STAND.
Old 06-04-2003, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

i am talkin about perminate. but i am going to build one just like his because i like them. me and another friend are also have plans on makin a tower stand. we want to drill some holes in the ground with a post hole digger and put it in the middle of a big shelterbelt were theres an opening and some water. the deer like to play around in there.
Old 06-04-2003, 01:34 PM

I WOULD SUGGEST CONCRETEING THE POLES IN THE GROUND UNLESS YOU PLAN ON MOVING IT ONE DAY. IF THE WIND IS BLOWING IT WILL MOVE THE STAND AND OPEN THE HOLES BACK UP AND WILL NOT BE STABLE. THE CONCRETE SHOULD LOCK IT IN AND KEEP IT THERE. GOOD LUCK, AND IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR THOUGHT, FEEL FREE TO E-MAIL ME OR PM ME.
Old 09-01-2003, 01:58 PM

keep in mind: the more elaborate= more things to squeak and creak. Keep it simple (and put it near the deer )
Old 09-01-2003, 08:20 PM

I was going to build one myself this year but weather and time hasn' t cooperated. It might be best to wait and build it next spring. My brother was going to help but now he told me it' s too late - that there would be too much disruption to the deer in the area now. Gotta hunt from the ground again this year.
Also, since each tree is different you have to adapt it to that tree.
Good luck!
Old 09-01-2003, 08:30 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: building tree stands?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.