Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 An Advert. for Deer Cocane and Stealth Camera >

An Advert. for Deer Cocane and Stealth Camera

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

An Advert. for Deer Cocane and Stealth Camera

Old 08-31-2003, 08:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default An Advert. for Deer Cocane and Stealth Camera

Ok, well, not exactly. This is not actually an advertisement for either Deer Cocane or the Stealth Game Camera but it should be.

After reading about the Stealth Camera here on the forums, especially Buck Magnet' s recent posts, I decided to head down to the local Walmart and pick one up. That was Thursday. By Friday afternoon I had it filled with batteries/film and had it programmed as per the instructions. I placed it that evening in my favorite stand location....actually attached to the tree that I normally hang my treestand in.

Approximately 15 yards from the base of that tree is a spot that I placed some Deer Cocane back around July 5th. Now, current PA law states that having an attractant like Deer Cocane near your stand if perfectly fine provided that any residue of it is gone by 30 days prior to the season. Our season starts October 4th so I think I am pretty safe. However, there must have been some of it left as of this past Friday as the pictures you are about to see would indicate.

Following a 3D shoot on Saturday morning I proceeded to go retrieve the camera. Hunting PA public land has its disadvantages and one of them is theft so I decided to only leave the camera out overnight for the first try. Upon reaching the camera location I noticed that 7 pictures had been taken. My first thoughts were along the lines of " Well, maybe I got a shot of a doe and some fawns though it is probably more like a squirrel, rabbit, etc..." ...." Plus, we had a storm last night so I bet the lightning set it off or something...."

I took the film to the local CVS to have it put through 1 hour processing and proceeded to pick the developed pictures up shortly afterwards. Surprised is such an understatement for the way I felt. I have babbled long enough. Here are the pics.......

...Oh, and bare with me as I have not figured out how to embed more than one pic in each post so this may take a minute or two. Please wait until I get all 5 of them up before responding....Thanks...

Old 08-31-2003, 08:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: An Advert. for Deer Cocane and Stealth Camera

Number 2

Old 08-31-2003, 08:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Number 3

Old 08-31-2003, 08:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Number 4

Old 08-31-2003, 08:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

...and last but not least....

Old 08-31-2003, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Those are some awesome deer for public land. I guess I' m gonna have to pick up one of those stealth cams.
Old 08-31-2003, 08:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nice pics Frank....and you have mail.

Frank, just edit your own post and copy and paste each link as needed to embed all your pictures there..... or don' t click OK until you have each picture embeded....you can minimize the Reply screen until needed and then click OK to upload it.
Old 08-31-2003, 09:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks guys. I am still having a hard time believing it myself.

Rob,

Thanks for the tip. You have got mail as well.
Old 08-31-2003, 09:03 PM

AWSOME PICS FRANK!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I take it that you are pleased with the Stealth cam?

I am not sure if this is the case, but, it seems like the Stealth cam is set to only set-off pictures on larger game. I have been putting out corn and all I get is deer pics, which is fine by me. No squirel or racoon pics!

That last buck is a beauty!!!!! I hope that you get to put cupids arrow straight through that bad boys heart this year

Man, I can' t wait to check out my camera' s on Friday. I have the one set up in the same place as before, but, the other is in a new place. It is set up at a creek crossing that is supposidly used by a buck that is nicknamed " Bubba" . I have not seen this deer, but, my best friends uncle has seen him on several occassions. He said that last year he was an absolute monster of a 12 point. Hopefully I can capture a pic of that bad boy this week.

These cameras are so much fun, almost as much fun as actually hunting the deer!!!!!
Old 08-31-2003, 09:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

They definitely are an absolute blast to use. I might have to pick up another as well.

I am very pleased with the Stealth cam and I need to a do a little more research to figure out why some of the other cameras cost so much more. I am sure the digital cameras are one reason but there has to be some more options or something.

One of the guys that I showed the pics to down at the shop thinks that the 8 pointer is a 3.5 year old and that the 10 pointer is actually younger. His advice was to let the 10 walk until next year and then maybe it would make Pope and Young. Though he may be right I have to wonder if he understands how a statement like that would be interpreted for someone who hunts heavily pressured public land.

Quick Reply: An Advert. for Deer Cocane and Stealth Camera

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.