Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Help!!! Fireflite Express Bow Appraisal >

Help!!! Fireflite Express Bow Appraisal

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help!!! Fireflite Express Bow Appraisal

Old 03-09-2012, 12:30 PM
Spike

Default Help!!! Fireflite Express Bow Appraisal

Hey guys. I'm not much of a hunter myself but I need some feedback from some people who know a thing or two about bow hunting. See my friend brought over this bow to my house and gave it to me. It's a FireFlight Express made by Game sport. I come to you guys to see if you can point out anything wrong with the bow and maybe tell my the value of the bow. I think the pullback string is missing. Anything helps, thanks.

Last edited by 2tonsoup; 03-09-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:28 PM
Typical Buck

Older PSE bow and yes it is missing the string. Bow not worth a lot but would be a good bow to get you started into archery if you replace the string and nothing else is wrong with the bow. Economy string will cost around $15.00 and a good one around the $30.00 mark. Bow probably sold originally as a package deal since sight and arrow rest are PSE products. Cable slide needs to be moved up onto cable guard. Best advice would be to take it to an archery shop and have them look it over. Hard to evaluate from pictures.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:31 PM
Typical Buck

Also since it is a 60 to 70 lb. pull bow, you need to make sure you can comfortably handle that much. Otherwise, bow looks to be in decent shape with a little cleaning.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

In its hayday...it was one of their better bows. But based on the age of the bow, it would be very wise to have the cables replaced at the same time you add a new string. It may have sat for awhile with all the pressure on the cables. Always better to be safe than sorry on an older bow.

Also be sure the draw length is correct and as previously mentioned, it is a draw weight you can comfortably handle.

Take Care and Shoot Straight!